Author Topic: C185f nav radios cant get it to work  (Read 3078 times)

reecemj

C185f nav radios cant get it to work
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:00:28 PM »
I just bought the c185f carenado and I cant get the nav radios to work. I dial in the vor freq set the switches and nothing happens. I tried it a different  airports and at different heights and the needle doesn't move. Thanks for your help!

Reece

reecemj

Re: C185f nav radios cant get it to work
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
Ok there's a vor in tongass ford thats not working..its AKW 115.80. Ann at PANT works ok. Could someone see if it is working on your system? Thanks

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: C185f nav radios cant get it to work
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »
Ok there's a vor in tongass ford thats not working..its AKW 115.80. Ann at PANT works ok. Could someone see if it is working on your system? Thanks

recemj,
the reason you do not receive a signal from AKW 115.8 is because it is not a VOR.  If you bring up the map and look at the airport and navaids AKW is only a DME (Distance Measuring Equipment).  I can not recall if the Carenado C185 even has a DME gauge on it or not.  In any case you will not get an indication on the VOR gauge in the airplane when you set 115.8 on the VOR frequency as the station does not provide any radial information only distance to the station if there is a DME gauge in the aircraft.
 8)
Later,

Spud