Author Topic: Khutzeymateen bush airstrips.  (Read 3971 times)

MartinD

Khutzeymateen bush airstrips.
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:38:14 AM »
On AVSIM is available some scenery of various small airstrips  for the Orbx/PFJ area, so if you are interested go and get it.

Khutzeymateen Bush Strips - Flight Simulator X - Scenery
==========================================
Have you ever heard about  "Khutzeymateen Grizzly Sanctuary"?

Some years ago the photographer and flight simulator designer Douglas Keech created a series of freeware sceneries for FSX in this area.
I often realize that neither his name nor his work is well known to the backcountry pilots community.

Information:
The scenery was originally made for use with FSX and Ultimate Terrain Canada.

But:
From the total volume of his sceneries I present a compilation of selected dirt strips that  strongly match with today's FSX and  Orbx/PJF software.
So you need to have the Orbx PFJ payware installed  to get the dirtstrips displayed properly.

Yes, you may find some minor inconsistencies, but all in all, this don't disrupt the very positive over-all-impression.
I additionally corrected some misplaced objects and added others, but overall the feeling of Douglas Keech' basic  airstrips are still present. They are not overloaded, just simple strips to land and to take off in the wilderness.

One should try this scenery. So why not you? Experience the great Kwinamass/Khutzeymateen, an area of vast landscape and rugged terrain.
These fictional dirt strips are truly a challenge as they are short and often surrounded by high terrain giving them very difficult approach and departure paths.
But before landing you'll have to find them. Take your Piper Cub for a round trip.

"My package" comes "ready for use" i.e., after unpacking the zip file you just copy the folder
/Khutzeymateen Bush Airstrips
completely  into your FSX/Addon Scenery.
Now you register the new folder in the FSX library at a higher priority than all FTX/Orbx stuff.

What you got now:
21 new short dirt strips and 1 water port, most of them in the Khutzeymateen Area, some  others are placed at Kwinamass Region and along the Nass River and the Cassair Highway.

Plan-G:
==> Datas for importing into Plan-G are attached, of course.
Import the attached csv-file into your PlanG.

Importing a csv-file into PlanG:
Open PlanG, switch to "Data" and select "Manage - User Waypoints".
Click "Import" and select the csv-file you want to install, then click on "Open".
A message will appear how many records are imported.
Now you see the new spots on your PlanG map. (For correct display it's sometimes necessary to exit PlanG and open again)

Note:
I got  Douglas Keech's written permission to publish his software in this changed version.
Homepage: http://web.me.com/d.keech/Site/Welcome.html

Author:
Dieter Linde
http://www.backcountrypilots.de

email:
dieterlinde@hotmail.com

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Khutzeymateen bush airstrips.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »
Hi MartinD,
Thanks for the heads-up....just look at the link below.

Dieter has already posted the scenery package on RTMM. :) ;)

link:
http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1049.msg7661#new

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

MartinD

Re: Khutzeymateen bush airstrips.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
Sorry must have mist that :o