Author Topic: NDB's  (Read 2662 times)

Teecee

NDB's
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »
I just found and added the CIRP NDB's. What a great asset.. My question is am I missing a similar DL for the rest of Misty's? or are there very few or no navaids in the area? Teecee.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: NDB's
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »
Hi Teecee :)

No you're not missing any other navaid downloads for return to misty moorings. As far as I know you don't have anything other than real world navaids to look for. For our scenery, we really don't rely on navaids like real world operations. We fly by various types of IFR, or "I Follow Rivers"!! You'll find that for each of the scenery locations, there will be an included VFR flightplan you can load into FSX that will take you on a route that was designed from a nearby airport to the scenery location. There is also a map image included in each zipfile that will show you where that VFR flight plan originates and terminates at.

Also look for our "Trip Tics's" on various scenery areas that will take you on a different kind of journey where you can have the plan's details on a simulated strip of paper that you can set up in a second window. To find these, look for the "TIC" graphic button on a scenery location to get that. Check out that for sure because it's more in tune with what real world pilots that fly tourists around Ketchikan use. Doug did a great job of capturing that and he describes that on the Trip Tic description found here: http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/index.php#t

And we also have "Dispatches" which are excellent that can be found here:
http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/index.php#d

Along with the Moorings, and Missions....etc.... as you can see, a lot to do here. So throw on some waders and dive right in!!

We'll help you get up to speed here in the forums. Just ask.

Best advice I can offer is to choose one location, install it, load up a flight in a low and slow aircraft and take it in nice an easy. No rush here, just take your time and then lather, rinse and repeat for the next location.

Have fun,

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: NDB's
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:17:45 AM »
Yep, TeeCee,
almost the same philosophy as OZx for the locations.  BUT we do provide a flt. plan and map plus coordinates in the Map Room so your not quite as much in the dark as OZx scenery.
Just keep the shiny side up Mate.
 8)
Later,

Spud