Author Topic: Poll: What Sim do you use?  (Read 23837 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Poll: What Sim do you use?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2021, 12:36:04 AM »
Interesting. I haven‘t switched to MSFS and will not until helicopters are officially supported.

Yes there are Helicopters already flying in MSFS.

https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2021, 04:07:58 PM »
I have read about that project.

I appreciate the efforts of the dev team behind the H135 project. But it‘s one standalone project besides a payware effort by flyinside......

MSFS does not offer helicopter flight dynamics right now. So this project is actually a vehicle that mimics being a helicopter by hacking the existing fixed wing flight modell in MSFS as best as possible.
This is an challenging task and as said I really appriciate this efforts. Primarly it shows MS and Asobo that helicopters are recognizable aircraft worth being simulated in a software called a flight sim.....

But it‘s also the truth that MS and Asobo didn‘t think of helicopters over a long period developping MSFS. That‘s sad from my point of view. They put the helicopters on their development list as they community asked for them. On their own they didn‘t do it. MS said helicopters are planned for 2022. We will see.....

I think a reasonable flightsim should include helicopter dynamics in their source code. Otherwise each developper has to discover the wheel for it‘s own how to simulate these amazing aircraft. This can‘t be a reasonable base for helicopters in MSFS. They‘d die before really born.

I will watch the further development of MSFS....but as already said in my previous post I will not get it until helicopters are reasonable supported and working.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2021, 07:17:11 PM »
P3D V5

Yoda

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2021, 04:29:23 AM »
MSFS.

It's absolutely a work in progress. Lots of folks have their complaints with it, and their reasons for not moving to it, and I can't disagree with them. We all want what we want from our simming, and if MSFS isn't ready for what you want yet, there's no reason to switch.

I've spent most of the last fifteen years interested in short haul flying with turboprops (though not all my simming was for pleasure...I did a lot of beta testing in FSX and P3D), but my first cross-country flight in MSFS shifted that to VFR GA flying...and I like the challenge in backcountry flying. I love being able to navigate visually...using a sectional chart, a compass, a clock, and my eyeballs. I can do that in MSFS in a way that was never quite possible before. It's pushing me back to hand flying, which makes for a much more satisfying sim experience.

The weather engine isn't fully ready yet, either, but MSFS models air flow over terrain. On a flight from Klawock to Ketchikan this weekend, I flew along Klawock Lake, then through the canyons south of the Karta River Wilderness to Hollis and out over Kasaan Bay and the Clarence Strait. The canyons were decidedly bumpier than the over water portion...I hand flew the whole trip, and when I landed, I realized: That's why I started simming in the first place.
Best Regards,
Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
Pinner, UK

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2021, 12:25:24 PM »
You might try Unreal Weather, for the most part it fills the gap.  And I agree with you, hand flying VFR is really Flying.  The new mod for the G36 is excellent ...there is more activity in MSFS that I have seen in years in the Sim community

Yoda

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2021, 01:55:35 PM »
I thought about getting Unreal Weather, but they offer it on a site that wants permission to set my download defaults before I'm allowed to download it. Not gonna do it.

Rich Young's Turbo G36 is amazing...loads of fun to fly.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 03:15:08 PM by Yoda »
Best Regards,
Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
Pinner, UK

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »
Not fond of it.. I sure won't bother with it.. it's too unreal for my liking!!. lol
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2021, 04:48:29 PM »
Unweather shouldn't be an issue, you do need an API...not a big deal.  The only side by side I have done it was snowing hard in both.  Since it is processed as a preset, it is easy to switch back and forth.

vikingpeggy

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2021, 07:55:50 AM »
Sticking with a nicely tuned FSX with a vast amount of addons for the moment. Had planned to go to P3D when I buy a new rig but with the somewhat unexpected advent of MS Flight Simulator, I think I will hold fire and see how the two platforms compare.

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »
There really isn't any comparison between FSX (a 2007 simulator) and MSFS 2020.  Yes, P3D was, after a few years of development, became better.....just moving up to a 64 bit platform was the improvement most needed, but still P3D lacked the crisp scenery available with current technology.   Hardware always is ahead of software, but today's hardware is so far advanced over what was available 10 years ago, and you have so many new choices, there just isn't any reason not to move up.  Except maybe cost.  With the most advanced video cards north of $1600 High end gaming computers are expensive.......BUT,  I have helped several members get going with something less that the highest of the highest end computers.  You may not be able to run at the highest settings but your experience will be 100x what you are seeing now and the price can be quite reasonable. With new processors and new video cards, the used market can be quite attractive.....if that's not your style, the latest and greatest stuff is available and it's great.  But I think most would agree, that P3D is way behind MSFS.....But even that said, I could make a case for P3D if you are in the aviation business,....if you fly IFR most of the time and you like jets.  P3D is more mature, far most high end airplanes , and a certain familiarity.  As a personal side note, I deleted all my P3D stuff.....hundreds of paid scenery and airplanes....gone....now I have a lot more disk space and a better experience.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2022, 06:55:04 AM »
It is March, 2022, and MSFS2020 is now a part of RTMM, so I've re-added it to the list of choices.   :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2022, 11:55:28 AM »
Don't think the poll is polling unless you can't vote again or vote a second time, Maybe we need a new current poll - then compare the old poll with the new poll.

My voted choice over year ago was MSFS and almost 1000 hours later, if I could vote again now, it would still be my choice of sim.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2022, 12:18:56 PM »
Yes, I agree.  This poll will not be useable by anyone who has already voted, including me.  Shall we let Cro run the poll?  He wanted to.  I think . . . yes.  Cro, please re-post your poll and we will get a fresher (2022) perspective.  Thanks.   8)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 12:21:26 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Simicro

• France
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2022, 04:31:12 AM »
Looking for Cro to repost the poll and I will vote.
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

shermank

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2022, 01:40:04 AM »
P3D V.5.3

Sherm