Author Topic: RTMM Seasons Switcher v3.0 explanations  (Read 2825 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
RTMM Seasons Switcher v3.0 explanations
« on: February 22, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »
As the first two scenery files with season switching capability are about to be released along with the switcher .exe program to change some the textures to a different season I thought I would post a screen shot of how I have my RTMM scenery setup in the sim.  I am not entertaining suggestions on how I could be more efficient a do it easier.  I use this method, have done so for many different sceneries that have multiple folders and will continue to do so.  There are going to be questions about exactly how you need to set up the seasonal sceneries and there is a exact method that has to be used and if you don't you risk mucking up unrelated scenery, including payware.
The Season Switcher v3.0 MUST be placed into a 'parent folder' and those RTMM sceneries that have a season switching capability have to be inside this 'parent folder'.  At the moment there are only two RTMM sceneries that meet this criteria so it is a matter of making a 'parent folder' placing the switcher within that folder.  The putting any RTMM scenery folder with the seasons inside the 'parent folder'.

Here is an example:
NOTE that inside the FSX\Addon Scenery folder I have created my 'parent folder' I named mine Misty Moorings.
This is where I have placed the RTMM v3.0 Season Switch.exe file.  I then made a shotcut on my desktop to the Season Switcher file.
Now, inside the Misty Moorings 'parent folder' I have each of my RTMM sceneries, each in their own respective folders with an MM prefix to remind me that they are Misty Moorings scenery.  This is how I name my stuff you can use whatever name you like of course.  The main point being is that you have to make a 'parent folder' and place any RTMM scenery that has the season switching capability inside this 'parent folder' as shown, no OPTIONS.  Of course you do not have to put all your RTMM scenery folders inside the 'parent folder' like I do, I just like all my "stuff" together.  Only those scenery folders that have the season changing capability are required to be inside the 'parent folder'.
When you are in the FSX Addon Scenery folder and right click, select NEW, Folder and then name your 'parent folder' what you like, it is up to you.  Remember with the season scenery set up as required this way when you are in FSX and want to add that scenery you will double left click on the Addon Scenery folder, find the 'parent folder' and double left click that as well.  Then you will see the RTMM scenery folder you placed in the 'parent folder' and select it with a single left click then click OK to add it to your FSX Library.

(Click on the screen shot to enlarge)

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:09:41 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: RTMM Seasons Switcher v3.0 explanations
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:35:35 AM »
Spud, this is how mine is currently.  Is it correct?  The switcher for Canoona is in the scenery folder under Canoona,which is placed in "parent folder" called RTMM where all my various MM sceneries reside.

Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:04 AM »
Rob,
not quite right yet. 

You do not have the correct version of the switcher.  It should be v3.0.  V2.0 will work but some error checking is not included with that version.  It would be best to wait for v3.0 to be released.

Now as to your setup.  Seasonal and scenery .bgl are correct but the switcher.exe file needs to be MOVED up and be placed inside the RTMM folder itself.  Does not need any sub-folder or anything just the .exe file inside the RTMM folder.  Then make a shortcut on your desktop to the .exe file in the RTMM parent folder  Once you run the switcher it will add a cursorset.txt file to that folder, it should be left there.  If you do use v2.0 be sure and replace the .exe with v3.0 when you get that version.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:47:53 PM »
Folks ... on the scenery switcher, we are in a "learning process" and looking at how best we can do this. So you are going to see different things from different people until we get it all straightened out for you.  There will be MORE changes in this effort, so don't get locked into anything until we get it settled down.

Doug

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:44:05 AM »
OK, thanks!   I know now where it goes, so that helps.   I'll just delete the switcher until v3.0 is ready and put it in the main RTMM folder.

Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:08:53 AM »
As Doug has noted the switcher is still in development for bigger and better functionality and will be released when it has been tested and is ready.  This is a new realm for RTMM and we want it right before we turn it loose.
 8)
Later,

Spud