Author Topic: Wing leveler  (Read 5189 times)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Wing leveler
« on: February 03, 2011, 02:22:26 AM »
Hi all,
  Someone posted they wanted to get rid of the wing leveler in FSX because on autopilot alt hold you can not turn at will.   I d/l a program from fightsim called "ffwlutil_v310.zip" that takes care of this problem.  Be advised I haven't used it myself yet, but will shortly.

Cheers,  Dragn
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Wing leveler
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 03:43:38 AM »
Actually you can over ride that pretty easily by hitting the heading autopilot on and then off again, now you can turn freely while still maintaining altitude autopilot.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »
Yes ... the wing leveler program is actually "in" the FAQ page. It is an important utility. When we fly the FS (Flight-Seeing) flights, we maintain an altitude of 1200 feet and then we can make the turns ourselves. On the Real Air Scout, the autopilot turns on the wing leveler in such a way that you cannot turn it off. A "ROL" comes up ... so you have to go completely out of autopilot mode to turn at all.  The wing leveler program does its thing, but when the autopilot kicks on, even after you've run the program, the ROL kicks in and is in place. I asked Real Air about it, they said that's the way most people prefer it.  Uh, guess I'm not most people. Love the Scout, perfect for flying our area ... but not with that [stupid] feature built-in.  Darn, that's an "expensive" package too, $45 US?  Ouch, for something I won't use.  (Any body want to buy a "slightly used" Scout?

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
Thanks for reminding me where I saw this file Doug!  lol   I knew it was here but I couldn't find in (in my haste)    ::)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:34:07 AM »
Doug,
went to the FAQ section found the wing leveler blurb, clicked on the 'find it HERE' link and it just takes me back to the top of the FAQ section every time.  Can you check the link?  It seems to be incorrect.
Thanks
 ;)

EDIT:
Well, I just went back into the FAQ section and tried again after posting this.  Like going to the dentist with a toothache, now the link works just fine.  As they used to say on TV
NEVERMIND
 8) (<-incognito)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:38:55 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 12:10:57 PM »
Thank you ... not sure what wen screwy with that link.  Try it again, Drag ... want to make sure it works for you.  I reposted it anyway.  I was having some funny things happening here computer-wise last night ... the counters wouldn't come up and only about half the graphics on the forum. Both computers ... but nobody else had a problem. So the problem was "local" ... who knows what evil elves dwelleth within theses strange boxes!

Doug