Author Topic: Trying to get started  (Read 17875 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Trying to get started
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
Just a general note about the Scenery Object Libraries being at the "very top" of the FSX Scenery Library.  That is not entirely true but is based on a theoretical install of just ORBX and RTMM scenery.  The libraries that are associated with the RTMM scenery should be above the RTMM scenery folders but could be below some other scenery you may have as an addon.  It is not as common now as it used to be with FS9 but some developers will include scenery objects within the download of their scenery which can put a duplicate .bgl file on your hard drive but this is not a problem as the program uses the first object it finds under that name.

8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »
Hello GrayRider,
     If you have "Non-FTX" scenery installed, pick the top one as your insertion point.  FTX will always load just above that file.  I use, for example, my "African Airstrip Adventures" scenery entry, because it is not in an ORBx area, and it starts with an "A".  All my scenery is alphabetical, and grouped by function. (mesh, scenery, objects etc)  So all my non-orbx stuff is below "African Airstrip Adventures" in my scenery library. 

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:23:29 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »
Since I knew what was going to happen,when I swithched regions.All the RTMM stuff is back to below the FTX entries.

I did a little test since all the RTMM is below the FTX stuff.I made sure the library's were above the two RTMM scenery's I have installed Mistys place and the CIRP office at PAKT.It doesn't work.They don't show up etc.

The FTX Central only has two insertion points.One for the FTX stuff and one for the orbx stuff.I don't know where the RTMM stuff come's in to keep it at the top?.
I'd like to know if FTX Central has to be in default mode when I do any re-insertion points?.

Your picture showing.I know about that one to set the insertion point.I'm not sure about the OZx and now the RTMM stuff insertion point.

I guess until I get the insertion issue resolved.I won't be able to enjoy what RTMM has to offer.Oh well sooner than later I hope.

I'm lost for now.

GrayRider

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:12:15 PM by GrayRider »
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
FTX looks for my "African Airstrips Adventure" entry and puts FTX just above it.  If I move AAA down (or up) the list, FTX would still load just above it.  So whatever entry you tell FTX to insert itself above, should remain below "ALL" RTMM entries.  There is no insertion point for RTMM, except that you DO go below the libraries, but not below FTX.  OZx is installed just above FTX, and I don't think I ever messed with that insertion point, so really there is only one "insertion point".  So make sure your RTMM entries are together, and above FTX, and all your NON Orbx entries are BELOW FTX.  Then, the TOP entry of the Non-Orbx entries becomes your FTX insertion point.  Any "non-orbx" scenery that you install needs to be pushed down beyond the FTX entries.  And as you can see by mine, it's a long way to go.  I have over 200 entries above FTX.  So that is all RTMM and FTX compatible sceneries I have installed above FTX.  Then all the stuff I had before FTX is below there, approaching the 300's.  My library is pretty big, I think.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:23:18 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
GreyRider,
your over complicating the insertion point process.  The only thing that requires an insertion point is the FTX stuff, OZx will be taken care of with the one insertion point.
The RTMM and the libraries will not move in your FSX Scenery Library once you set them up.  It is only the FTX and OZx stuff that goes on a wander break when you switch areas with FTX Central.
Open the tool and pick the scenery folder you want the FTX and OZx files to be above for the insertion point.  Do not worry about the second choice in the insertion point tool because OZx will automatically be placed above FTX as required.
I see that Jeff has responded already with about the same info I have here so you should be OK.
The reason any scenery that is within an FTX scenery area (like RTMM is in the PFJ scenery area) has to be above the OZx/FTX folders is to prevent any excludes etc. in the FTX files from excluding things from these other scenery addons.  As you have already found out with the disappearance of the Office at PAKT.
Now, go in peace and insert that point but don't blow yourself up in the process.  :P ;)
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 09:58:38 PM »
GreyRider,
do you have teamspeak3 on your computer?  If so we can get together with voice communications on the RTMM page we have on digitalthemepark.com  if your familiar with how to use Teamspeak.
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrayRider

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 11:20:43 PM »
GreyRider,
do you have teamspeak3 on your computer?  If so we can get together with voice communications on the RTMM page we have on digitalthemepark.com  if your familiar with how to use Teamspeak.
 8)

Yes.I do have TS3,and I do also have the digitalthemepark.com  server loaded.If it's still working from my end.

My local time in Tucson is MST.If you can assist me on TS.That would be great. Let me know the times your on TS3 etc.I just connected to it.It still works

GrayRider

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:27:03 PM by GrayRider »
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:09 AM »
Good deal, did you find the RTMM area at digitalthemepark?  I am in central time zone so we are only an hour difference.  I signed on to DTP last month and have not revisited for awhile so I'll check it out again to re-aquaint myself to it and get back with you for a session time and date.  Right now I have to run to the dentist to have a filling replaced.  :'(

8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
GreyRider,
back home with a new filling, (oh goody) and in case your not familiar with our area on Digital Theme Park it is called Return to Misty Moorings\Misty's Place Lounge.  It is located under the Flight Division directly under the OZx Flying Club.  I'm retired and am home and at the computer most of the time so it would probably be best if you pick the time/date for a chat session based on your schedule.  With only 1 hour time difference not much of a problem there.  A lot of people are not aware that northwest FL is in the Central Time Zone.  If I'm not mistaken AZ does not observe daylight saving time so during those times our time differential would be two hours as I calculate.

8)
Later,

Spud

GrayRider

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
Thanks Spud.

You are two hours ahead of me if you live in Florida.I to am retired,from the USAF and Civil service.I'm old now.I'm a grand 64 Ha!.

I was on the  digitalthemepark server last night.I am good to go.I show up there as GrayRider.Anytime is a good time for me.Well almost.I'll be in the welsome room at the top of the server.

I'm on TS now.In the meantime I'm nuking some fiddles for lunch.

GrayRider
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:56:47 PM by GrayRider »

GrayRider

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »
Spud.Thanks for your support yesterday on the TS server.It made a big difference.After our TS session.I did make the changes you had mentioned about the scenery addons,where and how to add them in my fsx addon scenery folder and activate in the fsx library.It worked out great.

After that.I went ahead and downloaded all the available AI float plane packages.I put all the files where they needed to go.In some of those packs.I didn't see the AI plane that goes with it for the traffic to work and show up.Unless the the AI float plane is already installed from another PNW/CRM/PFJ/NRM or Tongass region install,as an example?.

GrayRider

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 07:04:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure you said that you had Tongas Fjords X installed.  The AI Float Planes used in the AI traffic for RTMM are from that scenery package and it must be installed and its AI enabled for the Float Plane Traffic to show in RTMM.
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrayRider

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »
Thanks Spud.

I have downloaded all the aircraft and boat traffic files from RTMM files that I could find.So I should bne good to go.I do have Tongas Fjords X installed.

I have been busy installing numerous scenery addons and cruise runs from here.I downloaded what is called TongassX-Cabins_1.0.Inside of the package.I have no idea how to install everything in it.There is no readme with it.I thought I got this download from RTMM,but now I'm  not sure.

There is a scenery folder,texture folder and three other folders.Each of the other three folders are Cabins for TongassX Admiralty Island cabins/Sitke Cabins and Petersburg-Wrangell Cabins.Everything in these folders are .bgl's.

So.With out a readme doc.I have no idea how and where to install everthing etc?.

Thanks for more feedback.

GrayRider

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2012, 07:49:17 PM »

GrayRider

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »
Thanks Jeff.

Thanks for the readme.Some of the readme,how to install it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.So I'm going to hold off on that install for now,until I get better conformation,how to install it etc.It doesn't look easy to me.
I see Holger is on the forums here off and on.

In the meantime.Last night I have almost all the scenery addons installed,thirty at last count.Thats enough to get started with for sure.

I downloaded what looks like or called RTMM .dat file.I guess it deals with added waypoints.I've never installed this kind of thing before in FSX.How do I install it?.I have no idea where it goes,and what to do with it etc.

THX

GrayRider

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:57:33 AM by GrayRider »