Author Topic: Why not VATSim  (Read 5010 times)

Albereth

Why not VATSim
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »
Why aren't multiplayer flights done using VATSim?

Okay - a bit of a pain to get FSInn set up and there are a few clicks needed to register but apart from using a real name, what's the issue?

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
Re: Why not VATSim
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:05:42 PM »
 I fly it all the time in my GA aircraft along with in my VA American Airlines.
If you are flying VFR all you do is submit your Flight plan. Then just use unicom to let other pilots in the area know what your intensions are. If Central is on line you only need to contact them if you are entering Restrictive airspace. Being that in Misty there isnt any you will never talk to them lol
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:24:22 AM by Fireball »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
I fly it all the time in my GA aircraft along with in my VA American Airlines.
If you are flying VFR all you do is submit your Flight plan. Then just use unicom to let other pilots in the area know what your intensions are. If Central is on line you only need to contact them if you are entering Restrictive airspace. Being that in Misty there isnt any you will never talk to them lol

If you never have to talk to them there is no real reason to have yet another layer of complexity and files running in the background. 
K.I.S.S.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »
But you get too see all of the other pilots flying with you. Instead of flying in the empty sky!!! Or AI .
You can also set up Com2 for Company traffic and use it to talk to others in your VA. If they are in the area that it is. You cannot talk to them unless they are in range.

Plus if the ATC is online and weather gets bad I can then file an IFR plan and have someone there to keep me out of the side of a mountain.

If it is done right it takes FSX to another level just like RTMM does.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 01:57:11 AM »
     Well, I just signed up for VATSim.  I eventually got it to connect, but then I disconnected it again.  I hesitate to make contact.  I am fairly anti-social in real life.  So I shut it down to avoid doing something wrong and ruining my IP addresses' reputation at VATSim. 

I'd like to make casual contact first, maybe sitting in my plane on the ground listening to other traffic.  (if there are vatsim planes in AK?)  I don't yet know how to use the interface (FSInn).  Well, I know a little bit.  Tomorrow should be better.  It will eventually all come together.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 08:32:46 AM »
Ha ha I was that way at first also. google vatspy download it and run it. This will show you what ATC is online. If you want I can put some instructions and Information up on vNac website. It is rare that I see Alaska ATC, but BC "CZVR" is on alot.