Author Topic: Orbx PAKT released!  (Read 10445 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Orbx PAKT released!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
Yes. You read it right. There is no AI Traffic because of the sloping taxiway's. FSX can't move AI traffic around on anything other than a flat surface apparently.

ORBX say's they are working on it but when/if a patch comes that adds AI remains to be seen.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 10:16:58 AM »
I used the default Ms scenery configuration editor, in the addon area. At least that's what I call it. With FS running, go to the scenery area, where you added all those RTMM scenery and objects. Then I scrolled down until I found ORBX _FTX__ AA __PAKT. and moved it's level up untill it was in the number one spot - highest priority. I have a freeware stand alone scenery configuration editor but you don't really need that just to move this area up. I am not sure what I have in my scenery library that is interferring but this worked. texerrn

Actually,
moving the ORBX scenery to the top of the FSX Scenery Library is not where it is supposed to be.  One quirk about ORBX scenery and the library that people fail to understand is that IF you do not make an insertion point for the ORBX scenery, every time you switch using the FSX Central program the ORBX (and OZx) scenery will be move back to the top of the FSX Scenery Library.  With an insertion point it will prevent this and keep ORBX where it belongs.

As for PAKT from ORBX using their installer will place this airport scenery in the ORBX library where it belongs and you need to leave it exactly where the installer places it.

All of the RTMM and CIRP scenery files should always be above all the ORBX/OZx scenery enteries in the FSX Scenery Library.  I suggest, if you have not already done so, goto the ORBX site and search and read as much as possible on installing their scenery etc.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »
Did I get this right: Ai traffic is not able to use the new PAKT? I´ve been waiting for this release but now I´m not sure if I want it. At least I will wait for a patch...

That is 100% correct.  AI traffic can be routed to PAKT but will disappear upon landing because it cannot use the sloped taxiways due to a limitation in FSX coding.  As has been noted in other posts PAKT is still a work in progress released before the surrounding scenery has been addressed and ORBX plans on releasing a patch to fix what has not been addressed in the first release.  I would recommend waiting until said patch has been released unless you suffer from the McDonald's syndrome, (I want what I want, and I want it now!).
 8)
Later,

Spud

texerrn

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
Spud: Thank you for your advice. Don't you think you are being rather harsh? I am not a scenery designer. Only a person with some knowledge who occasionally tinkers with things until I get them right. I solved MY elevation problems and just thought I would share. It worked for me. No, it may not be the true or the only solution. I have been to the ORBX forum site by the way. My "work around" was not as quickly dismissed there. Note the thread about floating aircraft at PAKT. The one marked Answered. and tagged "hot". PS: Jeff put in your changed elevation-location CIRP office. works just fine thanks. texerrn

retep49

• Daily Flightsimmer
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:35 PM »
PAKT works fine by me no elevation problems. I have removed one file from JustFlight TrafficX...AF2-PAKT.
You can fined it in the main FSX folder-JustFlight-TrafficX-AirportFacilities.

Peter

texerrn

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:39 AM »
I have moved my ORBX_ FSX_ AA_PAKT file back to it's original position. I no longer need it at priority one. It was obvious I had some other file related to PAKT on my scenery that were conflicting with ORBX PAKT. I ran search after search and deleted, turned off everything I could find related to Ketchican. The other day it just hit me, I know just what it is and exactly where it is! You have to remember I have over 400 layers/folders in my FSX addon scenery. I have a folder of Pete and Sid's scenery and objects. Actually for fs9. It has enhancements for multiple airports all over Alaska & Canada. There were three PAKT files. adx's I think among the other numerous airports, one an elevation adjustment (go figure). Of course that did it, no more errors. Still not sure why they didn' pop right up with my searchs? Anyway that was all it was.  texerrn