Author Topic: ORBX-LIB  (Read 12990 times)

pippin

ORBX-LIB
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:54:32 AM »
New Orbx scenery library ready for download at their site. Needed soon for anyone who has pre ordered PAKT.  :)

Ian

Reggy

Re: ORBX-LIB
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »

Cheers for that Ian.   ;D
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
Cut n' Past of John V. post with a link to the library at the bottom.  I do not know if you have to be logged on the site first or not.

The latest Orbxlibs 111207 are now available for download.

Updates

- New version 1.0.2.7 of FTX Central which adds new code operations for the Oceania region
- New NZ radiotowers
- New more rustic rural sheds
- New balloons libraries
- Updated vegetation libraries
- Updated GSE
- FTX Day and FTX Night mode now included (defaults to FTX Day mode)
- Updates to many NZ objects and libs by the NZSI team

NOTE: The following new product releases will *include* Orbxlibs 111207, so if you have them on pre-pay and will be installing them, you can save a download and wait for those installers instead:

YBAS, YMMB, YWOL, NZSI, S43, 0S9, PAKT

Grab the update from the usual place - http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

Scroll down for the library.

Although the NOTE: suggest you do not need the library now if you are purchasing one of the listed future sceneries I think is would be smart to download it any way.

My line of thought is:
You buy one of the listed scenery packages with the new library included, install it and your good to go.  Now for the big "but", lets say all goes well but later you either buy an older scenery or have to reinstall an older scenery that could over write some newer files with older versions and your back to square one.  With a copy of the library on you own HD you can install or reinstall the older scenery followed by a reinstall of the newest library without having to download it because you already have it.

In the same vein remember you should not run the .exe file for the library from inside the .zip file.  It needs to be extracted and run after it is extracted to successfully install in your sim.

8)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:13:02 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

archangel1

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
So, if I've got this right, if you have all of Orbx's scenery packs currently on release, theoretically you shouldn't need the newest Library patch since the most recent packs should contain the latest updates to the Library objects.  However, if you're missing one or more packs, you need this patch to 'fill in the blanks'.  Correct?
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:56:55 AM »
Rather than a patch, the new library has all the new objects for the upcoming releases.   I've downloaded it just to have the latest on hand, following the  thoughts from Spud.

Cheers
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
So, if I've got this right, if you have all of Orbx's scenery packs currently on release, theoretically you shouldn't need the newest Library patch since the most recent packs should contain the latest updates to the Library objects.  However, if you're missing one or more packs, you need this patch to 'fill in the blanks'.  Correct?

The ORBX Scenery Library is periodically updated with new or improved object that need to applied to your installation of ORBX scenery including those you already have.  What John V. is saying is that the six NEW airports and one scenery area that will be released later already have the new library in them and if you purchase one or more then your library will update when you install the new scenery.

As I point out previously your not updated until such time as you buy and install at least one of the new packages.  More importantly if you need to re-install any scenery from ORBX, for whatever reason, right now you may actually revert to an even older version of the library that was included in the older software.  By downloading and installing the library 111207 your up to date 'right now' and installing older files followed by re-installing the latest library keeps you updated.

The zip is 101,227KB and with a fast connection does not take but a few min. to download.  You then have it available instantly if you need to apply or re-apply it so my advice is download the library save it to your HD and have it when and if you need it like right now or at a later date.  IMO JV just muddied the whole subject by not fully explaining this and alluding to not needing to download the library.  Eventually your going to need to re-apply it to your ORBX FSX scenery one way or the other so just get it and forget it!
 8)
Later,

Spud

archangel1

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 04:18:52 PM »
Oh, I've downloaded the libraries as they are progressively released, no worries.  I was just wondering whether someone who has all of the scenery packs released so far installed on his system (not me, that's for sure!) would actually need it at this point, as long as the latest release had been installed last.  I understand the problem if one needed to re-install an older pack for some reason.  For sure, you'd then need to update the library.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »
Well if you wanted to wait until one of the listed packs are released and you then installed it you would be up to date.  Right now if you had the previous library installed then you are not up to date.  This is why IMHO JV screwed the pooch just a bit by adding that bit to his post.  Just causes confusion as far as I can see.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »
On another note that probably will cause questions is the fact that the new library (111207) includes and automatic feature that sets the FTX day/night switch to day when you install the library.  It will remain active until you run the night switch to turn the street lights back on.  You must then re-run the day switch to turn them back off.
If you do not know anything about the day/night switch search on the ORBX forums and read about it.  For some people it makes a major difference in FPS particularly over large cities like KSEA etc.  For others (like me) it makes a minimal difference but is noticeable.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Lazyeight

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
My problem is that I fly in both Oceania and North America. I use a lot of addon scenery in Australia and I have been advised there that the OZx and FTX scenery should be at the top of the scenery library. In Oceania it works just fine that way. I understand to fly in RTMM area the RTMM scenery files should be at the top of the scenery library. Is it necessary to move the files to the top each time I go from Ocenia to North America? I have the insertion point set for Oceania right now. Any help will be appreciated.
Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »
Lazyeight,
Orbx directions for their libraries being at the top is predicated on the user only having ORBX/OZx scenery on his FSX installation.
IF ORBX is at the top of the FSX Scenery Library and you have 3rd party scenery like RTMM below the ORBX files it can cause RTMM not to display properly or not at all due to the ORBX scenery using excludes etc. in their scenery which could eliminate 3rd party scenery listed below ORBX that is within the ORBX scenery area.  As RTMM is scenery within the ORBX PFJ scenery area this is why the files need to be above ORBX in the Library and that requires an insertion point for the ORBX files because FTX Central will always push ORBX/OZx to the top of the FSX Scenery Library.  Contrary to what the instuctions say about these files needing to be at the top the do not need to be.  If you do not make an insertion point as directed then the RTMM sceney will not show up correctly and there is nothing anybody can do about it. 
Moral of the story is make an insertion point and enjoy both RTMM and ORBX scenery without any problems or do not make an insertion point and forget 3rd party scenery located within ORBX scenery areas working properly if at all.
To alleviate your concerns nobody has a problem with it set up this way.
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
Hi Lazyeight,

To add specific example to what Spud said.......

You need to change your insertion point to the top scenery library entry (a non-FTX or OZx or RTMM library ---let's say, for example, it happens to be named "XYZ Scenery Library") that is before all the Oceania entries.  Then ORBX will stack all the Oceania FTX libraries  or North America FTX libraries (whichever you have selected) on top of "XYZ Scenery Library" and then any OZx  libraries on top of that and then any libraries  like RTMM libraries would be installed above the "XYZ Scenery Library" and because of the insertion point, will always be put above the FTX/OZx set of libraries when they are active.  So, when Oceania is chozen as the active Region, the FSX Scenery Library would look like this.....

RTMM Libraries...
OZx Libaries.....
Oceania Libraries...
XYZ Scenery Library
Other lower level libraries.....

When North America is chosen it would look like this......

RTMM Libraries...
OZx Libaries.....
North America Libraries...
XYZ Scenery Library

When FSX Default is chosen it would look like this.....

RTMM Libraries...
XYZ Scenery Library

Hope this helps.

Rod

Lazyeight

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »
Even though I do not fully understand what I am doing with all these files, I seem to have everything working thanks to all the help mentioned above.  You guys throw around all these terms, OZx, ORBX, and FTX and non-FTX like I should know what they are. After a few hours of working with FTX Central and rereading your posts many times, I think I have things in the proper place, even all my RTMM scenery in alphabetical order. Jeff that idea of using the Ctrl-Enter keys to move these around is a time saver. Many thanks for that. This really is a great site and forum for fast and good solutions to problems. I am sure I will have more in the future but for now, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.
Lazyeight    :)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »
Jeff that idea of using the Ctrl-Enter keys to move these around is a time saver.

???  What're ya movin' with the Ctrl-Enter keys?  Are ya talkin' bout movin' stuff in the scenery library?  I don't think that was my idea, as I can't recall mentioning the Ctrl-Enter keys to ya.  (and I don't know that trick.)  Refresh my memory.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
Hi Jeff,

If you choose a FSX Scenery Library entry and select move down (or it can be move up)....you can then just hold down the control key and hold down enter and it will move that library in the direction selected at high speed.....

Rod