Author Topic: No blowing snow in CIRP  (Read 20138 times)

frostlp

Re: No blowing snow in CIRP
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
Mike - Do you have the Acc pack installed?

Mike63

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 08:03:17 AM »
Mike - Do you have the Acc pack installed?

No. I don't have Acc pack installed but I do have it on a disk and consider installing it on top of my FSX after uninstalling SP2.

I read in another thread that the blowing snow does not require Acc pack since it was made for fs2004. 

Cheers
Mike

arodsat

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:10 AM »
from my personal experience, adding Acceleration helped me with some addons. I can't remember for sure if they were made for FS2004 or not. But seeing that you've tried everything else, it wouldn't hurt to try it if you have access to a copy.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 09:42:08 AM »
If you do not have smoke or fire anywhere that indicates it probably is a missing scenery object library and/or effects files not in the FSX\Effects folder.
I can not recall which download has the files required.  Brad, perhaps you can recall what is needed and jump in here.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 07:34:13 PM »
The smoke is from an FSX cabin that everyone should have.
Check the Object library tool we have to find what's missing.

Brad

frostlp

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 12:01:08 AM »
Thanks Brad -
I've checked - I've all the libraries. 

In the EZ-1 library are some flags I made for FS9 - they don't show at Stewart for me as they did in one of the C.I.R.P. videos I saw.  Could be a texture thing.  I do have smoke however. 

If I uninstall SP2 and install the Acc pack - that's the same as a full rebuild of FSX?   Right?
Or will the program just return FSX to the SP1 stage?

I've uninstalled and rebuilt before. It's always rewarding to rebuild, but.......................

I'm running Windows7 64-bit system - multi-core.  Could this be any conflict?

I know that FSX leaves anything that isn't default after the uninstall in it's proper folder in the root FSX folder.  But I've always either renamed or deleted this root folder before re-installing.  Then I would just add my add-on scenery/aircraft.  Is there an easier way?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:22:13 AM by frostlp »

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 05:00:00 AM »
Hi,

Let's test something :

First TIP.
I don't remember if FSX object libraries need a texture sub-folder, even it is empty.
Please, check the EZ Library BGL content. So, add a texture sub-folder into your EZ Library BGL folder, if none.
And test. If not any solution

Second TIP

1 - Start FSX

2 - In FSX scenery settings, uncheck EZ Library BGL scenery.

3 - Close FSX

4 - Remove EZ Library BGL folder from you addon scenery folder, and paste this folder in a safe place.

5 - copy / paste the sirp_ez_effects.bgl from your removed EZ Library BGL folder, into the addon scenery / RTMM Objet library / scenery folder.

6 - Start FSX, sceneries are re-compiled.

7 - Test

Hope this will help you.

Sorry for my english language !

Xavier

Mike63

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 06:54:03 AM »
Thanks for all your help guys but no joy. I will make a backup of my FSX and then uninstall SP2 and install Acceleration Pack for FSX. Hope the upgrade will bring the missing files to my FSX and make the Icefields come alive.
I will report back with the results.

Cheers
Mike

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 07:25:18 AM »
Frostlp,

The flags were removed with the latest edition of the CIRP base at CZST. (Along with some people in the bushes). So that's not an issue because it confirms you have the latest files for that scenery. That's good.

Brad

frostlp

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 10:19:20 PM »
Ah, thanks, Brad for the info.

frostlp

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 10:48:23 PM »
OK - I uninstalled SP2 - installed the Acc pack - went to PF40 - now I have blowing snow. :)

arodsat

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »
I'd hate to say I told you so...so I'll stop myself here before I say it.  ;D Glad you finally installed it and got it working.

Mike63

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 07:29:09 AM »
OK - I uninstalled SP2 - installed the Acc pack - went to PF40 - now I have blowing snow. :)

After a lot of backing up( FSX- cfg-XML) I went ahead and installed Acc Pack after I had uninstalled SP2.

It works.........hurrah..Also the missing smoke is there, and it looks fantastic guys.

Conclusion: Acc Pack is needed to have blowing snow and smoke with CIRP. And it is quite safe to install Acc Pack even if you have loads of addons . ( I have 250 lines of addons in my scenery library ! )

Thank you

Mike

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »
 ;D Fantastic. Great resolution to this challenge. We've always maintained an installation of FSX with Acceleration is required. It's on our front page, however, this challenge could have been caused by a lot of missing things. So this is great to know.

The original effects were created for FS2004, etc. so I know that all of us here thank each of you for helping nail down the solution.

Brad