Author Topic: CIRP is Live!  (Read 5470 times)

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
CIRP is Live!
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »
CIRP is now available for all on the RTMM site.    Thanks to all that made CIRP possible, you've made a great place for all of us to enjoy.

The CIRP base-camp is available here on the site.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:42:01 AM by Dan »

archangel1

Re: CIRP is Live!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:43:03 AM »
Wow, you guys have been busy! Congratulations on the release of your latest project.  Now, if I could only run it! Who'd have thought it would take this long to get a new computer? Every time I think I'm ready, something else goes kablooie! This time it was furnace troubles and now the toilet seat in the washroom has cracked in half.  Frustrated isn't quite the word I'm looking for.

In any case, well done, chaps.  One day...
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

arodsat

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:54:55 AM »
wow. looks impressive. can't wait to get everything installed and try it out. thanks.

Reggy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:33:10 AM »

Outstanding guys, well done and thank you to everyone involved!   8)
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

pivo11

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:16:05 AM »

Brilliant stuff!  Many, many thanks to all! 

Cheers,
Fritz

mhlarsen

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 07:28:07 AM »
Fantastic job! 

Thanks
Michael

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »
Hi All ... as I mentioned in the Notam, there's a lot there, and of course, you can download it all and "have at it" ... but you might really enjoy just downloading Summit Ice Station and the Glacier Tour Dispatch 001.  This starts you at PAKT, and you fly to Summit Ice Station to the Visitors' Centre there. Also, don't forget the "readme introduction" (http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/documents/readme_introduction.pdf) Read that as you fly, it would be just like a real person seeing it for the first time and reading the brochure during the trip. (The flight plan is autopilot-friendly ... so you can fly hand's off until you must change altitude at the glaciers). The "transition" you feel from beautiful Misty Fjords to the starkness of the vast icefields is something you won't forget. Then when you get there, Summit is waiting for you. Park there, go to the Navigation Map and pick another one ... fly to it, then download again.  It is a "fun" way to do this chore of downloading and installing.  (Sort of like we did it when we were making this thing).  Everything we do at RTMM/CIRP is a "journey" ... downloading everything is also sort of a journey ... enjoy it.

You can see now why we had so much fun making it ... it is vastly different than anything else at RTMM.

D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:54:03 AM by Doug »

pippin

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »
Excellent work
  This is an epic piece of work just downloaded and installed CIRP.  ;D
Now the adventure begins.

Thank you to all involved.

Ian

Fred

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »
Looking forward to many hours flyin' around in this great scenery addon. Excellent work guys.