Author Topic: Scenery Project  (Read 10337 times)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Scenery Project
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
Well Dieter is keeping tabs on all the non PF scenery and adding it to the PlanG database, once you import that into PlanG then all these places show up as bright green dots (and the names show if you hover the cursor over them too!) So yours would also be included in that and as such would be less "lost" than it might otherwise be. Navigation will be less of a problem than you might think. :)

So, as soon as your scenery passes muster and is ready, it will be uploaded and then shortly thereafter I imagine will be added to said database for everyone to find end enjoy.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »
Well, they are so inaccessible that I will have to provide some.

Great! Thanks for info!
Your new screenshots look very nice!
Thanks for the great work! keep it up!

regards

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »
Right then, time for more work-in-progress...

I have "solved" my issues with flattens - for the time being at least. Who knows what the morning will bring?

In order to make it more real, I have had to make two AFX... bgl files - one for the big helipad, which is higher up the slope. I still have some repositioning to do after the flattens - as you can see, the fence needs straightening. At least the main huts are on the level and I have managed to smooth the apron in front of the huts for parking and refuelling. I need to add a Jet A bowser / tank for the big heli pad.

Then there's the two outposts that need supplying - the one location has such powerful radiation that the helis have to land a short way away. Someone thought it might be cool to listen out to what the Canuckies are chattering about, the other side of that big bad border. ;)

The other radio mast is merely for rebroadcasting stuff from space...

As for that little shack up the glacier, hidden behind those large rocks... weeelll, old One-Eye is in to a bit of home brew since he had to bury "Emma". The grave is still there, waiting for the exhumation and resurrection of our favourite little airfield.  If you look closely, you will see old One-Eye himself, checking the fire under his latest brew of #5 special. He borrowed the recipe from Uncle Elmer and made a small change. You probably didn't realise it, but glacier water is sooo much better for  the brewin' and a stillin' of the good stuff.

It's taking shape...

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
Buggrem, buggrit, millenium hand and shrimp!

I had everything lined up just right last night and when I popped "up-top" to check if the guys at the NDB hut needed anything, I found that the vandals had been busy and moved the lights.

Is this a "normal" happening? Can it be avoided. This scenery making is a steep learning curve for sure!

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
All the best,

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »
One Eye, It may just be the image, but it looks like the mesh has not had time to complete loading, that might cause the whole thing to look out of kilter, do you think that might be it?

There is nothing really that can cause your stuff to move around.

The image isn't that clear as to what has gone wrong for you, can you post up a clearer picture as to what happened?

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
Could be... I'll hop back up there next outing. I have noticed that there are a couple of areas in the FTx PFJ scenery where the tiles just happen to join at inconvenient places.

Another good idea you sparked is scenery load times. I confess to "forcing" my PC to work very hard and she is such an old dear already (AMD FX62 based with an nVidia 8800 GTS) The basic PC is already over four and a half years old. A rebuild is due this year.

Despite repeated fan cleaning and heatsink paste renewal, FSX is still capable of getting the PC hut under the collar - peaks over 100° C are possible, so I watch the thermometer closely these days. I shall wait and see what Brad says about it before re-tweaking (I sent the scenery to him for comment.

But above all else, it's been fun refreshing these scenery lessons.
All the best,