Author Topic: Aaaggghhh!!!!  (Read 3813 times)

Reggy

Aaaggghhh!!!!
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
Hey guys
Another question I'm afraid, but I have to ask as it's driving me nuts. When flying I'm getting this constant bing bong, bing bong in my head phones, using task manager have traced it back to winlogon.exe opening and closing nearly continously. I'm afraid I'm totally out of my depth with such stuff, if any one has any ideas as to the problem causing this they would be greatly appreciated. I'm running win 7(64) on fsx comp and win7(64) on a laptop running Plan-G and connected through a registered copy of fsuipc4 over a wireless network (don't know if that could be anything to do with it).

Thanks in advance guys,  Reggy 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:17:25 PM by Reggy »
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Aaaggghhh!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:26:59 AM »
Not a clue on this. Anybody else?

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:31:59 AM »
Googled winlogon.exe and found this link.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/winlogon.exe.html

might read up on it here.  Note the mention of a virus with the same name.
 8)
Later,

Spud

arodsat

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:20:15 AM »
Reggy have you ever heard the sound windows plays when you connect a USB device, like a mouse or camera? Is it that type of "bing bong"? If so, it could be just a loose connection somewhere. Winlogon is an importnant part of Windows, it shouldn't be cycling like that. Another question. Do you have just one windowslogon.exe file showing up in Task Manager? And does it only happen when playing FSX? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a sense of the symptoms.

Alex

Reggy

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 04:41:57 AM »

Hey guys,

Thanks for that spud, I have'nt had much time to play with it this week Alex but yes it is the same sound, seems to be software related though as a small icon shows up in task bar for a fraction of a second (not long enough to see what it is though) each time it sounds. I think I may look at the start menu and stop as much as possible from starting automatically and see if that helps. Already have found that an installed blue tooth adapter was searching for connections.

Cheers, Reggy   ???
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

aeugli

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 06:16:10 AM »
Hi Reggy,
sometimes I suffer the same symptom as you, I think. When you right click the icon (if you catch it before it vanish) or you open your hardware-manager and open the USB-Device entry I beg, you will see a yellow attention-sign and when you right click this entry you will be informed something like that: USB device or driver not (correct) loaded (can´t remember it exactly). For me it´s the best I restart the whole machine or I deconnect my USB-Devices for a few seconds and reconnect it afterwords. Sometimes this cures the "ding-dong".
Hope this helps, good luck, report back!
Cheers Rainer
Rainer

i7-3770K@4.5G|Intel DZ77GA-70K PCIe 3.0|Noctua NH-D14|Mushkin Redline 8GB@2133 PC3-17000 CL9 |Gigabyte GTX 680 OC|301.42 WHQL|4xSamsung SSD 830 256GB|1x VelociRaptor 1TB|Asus Xonar 2DX|Teufel 5.1 Soundsystem|Seasonic Platinum 1000W|Lian Li PC-V212 | HP ZR2440|3xFujitsu P-23T 3D

Reggy

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »

Hi Rainer,

Managed to trap the little bugger this afternoon, it's a program called flicks trainer. No option to uninstall from the control panel so I'll have to dig a bit deeper and see where it lives and what it's connected to.

Ah well, never a dull moment.

Cheers Reggy.