Author Topic: What scenery would you recomend to download first?  (Read 7937 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: What scenery would you recomend to download first?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
Some are assigned PF numbers that are not developed yet. They are reserved for Kim Gowney scenery locations when I have the time to develop them. Someday.

Soon I hope.

Best advice I have for your experience. Don't rush things. Take one scenery area at a time, Misty's Place, and make sure that is set up and working good. Fly around that area, check things out, enjoy it. Then land. Pick another one, look at the map that's included in the zipfile and get an idea where it's at. Install it, check it out, take your time, you know, a pattern is developing here.

Then you'll have all the stuff eventually and you won't miss a thing.

Take the time and read the documentation, enjoy your new location and welcome to RTMM.

Glad to have you here.

Brad

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 10:13:03 PM »
Some are assigned PF numbers that are not developed yet. They are reserved for Kim Gowney scenery locations when I have the time to develop them. Someday.

Soon I hope.

Ah, Ok.  Thanks Brad, I should have figured that out.  And the scenery icons on the Plan-G map, it's funny that the only one I noticed that wasn't there was Misty's.  Yes, it's good advice to take it slow and easy, but it's so hard to be that disciplined.  I know I want to have all the goodies in place.  I've been here at Misty's for half a year, and I am still getting settled in.  I have way more stuff to do than I have time for, and I want to see what's next.  I'll try to slow down and smell the virtual flowers, and hopefully Clive and others will read this and do the same. ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

alpha117

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:16 AM »
OK, I had missed some also, but now my list matches yours apart from PF21-Mistys Sea Plane Dock. I cant find it on the scenery list to install?

alpha117

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »
Had a reply from Tim(Plan-G). Looks like we set up Plan-G to point to the wrong location for the scenery.cfg...oops
It should be looking for the cfg file in:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg

Now my DB rebuild is taking forever, result! Hopefully at the end evrything should be there. thanks to Tim for this

Edit: confirmed that everything is there after the DB rebuild in Plan-G, without adding any folders. Just point Plan-G to the correct Scenery.cfg location and thats it. happy camper now :-)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:29:31 AM by alpha117 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
The path to your scenery.cfg varies with what operating system you have.  I assume the path you were given by Tim Arnot was for WIN7.

Default Path for XP is:

C:\Documents and Settings\"USER NAME"\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX.  ("USER NAME") of course is your name usually.
 8)
Later,

Spud

alpha117

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
Yes it was for WIN7