Author Topic: Missing texture at Misty's  (Read 15138 times)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Missing texture at Misty's
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:04:31 AM »
Hi all,
  Love this place and the sceneries.   Installed Misty's Place first and it's amazing little place.   :-)   I am however, missing a texture on a cabin.  I d/l and installed the EZ1 library and all other textures are showing just fine.  Any idea what I may be missing here?

Thanks,  Dragn

pic included

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Missing texture at Misty's
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:26:10 AM »
Hmm... Interesting because, that's one of the default objects with FSX Acceleration I believe. It's not one of the EZ_1 library objects. It's the green textured small cottage object.

Maybe that's it?

If that's the case, maybe a rebuild of Misty's is in order with a different object placed there that's more generic. I can easily do that.

Brad

BeaverDriver

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:03:38 AM »
Just a quick add-on to this, if I may. I've noticed since installing Misty that some of the textures/objects which I think are from the ez_1 library are now all black. I've not seen any of that in Misty so far, but I use IS2 and have saved some objects to my Favourites, and it's there that they are now showing as black. The two I notice that have gone this way are the FBO and FBO2 objects (I'm not entirely sure of those names, other than the FBO part as I'm not at home right now). Now, this is NOT any fault of MM because you guys didn't add any textures as I recall, and as I already had ez_1 before MM came along, I didn't have to install ez_1 again. BUT since this place is rich with developers of a really high calibre (note major suck-up process running here  ;D), can anyone tell me why some textures are blank black and some blank white? Also, why when a certan object was ok before, but isn't now? I believe there is an answer, which may involve a texture or object being duplicated somewhere in your library. If that's the case, does anyone know if the duplication comes from that object being in some other scenery's texture folder as well as existing in the ez_1 library (which I have in my FSX library as a regular scenery entry, and is positioned near the top of the stack)? It would help me immensely to understand this because I would like to do a little scenery for MM at some point.

Thanks much for this!

Glenn
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
I could well be wrong, but I thought if all you saw was a black model, then it meant the texture file was missing, I know I have a bunch of stuff in my IS2 libraries that look that way.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
That's true Kim. So maybe trying different scenery complexity settings?? Don't know if that's the solution but something to try.

Tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to create a scenery test project to help identify what's missing. What this will be is placing three objects next to each other. One will be a default FSX object, next to a FSX Acceleration object, next to an EZ_1.zip object.

If people are missing objects, seeing anomalies, etc. This test scenery. once installed on a users system, will help us pinpoint what the user may be missing. Everyone should see the FSX default object properly. But if one or both of the other objects are missing, then we know that it's acceleration or EZ 1 missing.

Might help, you think?

Brad

Dieter

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
Up to now I don't have any missing objects in the RTMM sceneries.
(I see this green textured small cottage at PF20.)
I'm using FSX+Acc and EZ-Lib.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

BeaverDriver

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
I think Avian is right. I deleted a bunch of sceneries I wasn't using now last night and now I've got a number of blank textures where I didn't before (in my library via IS2, not MM that I know of). I still want those textures, so I think what I'm going to do is copy all the textures from each scenery set (i.e. Quebec) into a QuebText folder (for instance) and into a subfolder marked Scenery and Texture (as per the usual way things are done) and enter them into my library as you would any scenery library file (such as ez_1). This way I'll know what is coming from where (so will know if I can use it) and keep things straighter in my mind.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:10:19 PM by BeaverDriver »
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

Dragnhorn

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply and thought about missing textures.  I do not have the Accel Pak add-on as I never saw the need to spend the money for it.  I'm happy with FSX SP2 model.   I'll just have to accept the missing textures whenever an Accel Pak texture is used.

Thanks,  Rob
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

frostllp

• Flight Sim Scenery Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »
I do not have the Accel Pak add-on as I never saw the need to spend the money for it.  I'm happy with FSX SP2 model.   I'll just have to accept the missing textures whenever an Accel Pak texture is used.
Thanks,  Rob

Same missing texture here - and also I have SP2, not the Accelerator pack.  I thought it was something like that.  So far, everything else is fine, except for an elevation problem at PAKT.  Is that an Orbx issue?

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 11:12:16 PM »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »
Hi all,
  Love this place and the sceneries.   Installed Misty's Place first and it's amazing little place.   :-)   I am however, missing a texture on a cabin.  I d/l and installed the EZ1 library and all other textures are showing just fine.  Any idea what I may be missing here?

Thanks,  Dragn

pic included

Glenn,
just to satisfy your pea pickin', spandex covered little heart here is what the cabin looks like.

Must be a bunch of hippies with the VW van because that is what you call A white man's fire!
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
Dang....I don't have the texture for that fire either!  Thought all those blank boards were the beginnings of a new still.    :P
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 09:27:20 PM »
Gotta go get accelerated!

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:52 AM »
It's in the "required" on the Home Page.

Doug

barryd

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 07:43:20 AM »
I wish developers could refrain from using the objects from the acceleration pack. That's payware that many of us don't have and otherwise don't need.
I can't see the lodges at Nina's Landing, and I suspect it's the same issue.