Author Topic: ORBX Central Rocky Mountains Softeware II  (Read 7617 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
ORBX Central Rocky Mountains Softeware II
« on: July 14, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
From posts over at the ORBX site it looks like the CRM area is getting close to release.  If you pre-payed keep checking your email for an announcement.  Of course a last min. glitch could still happen.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: ORBX Central Rocky Mountains Softeware II
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:43 AM »
Just read on the ORBX site that it would be available in about 8 hours and that was earlier this evening so check in the morning guys.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Lazyeight

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:08:19 AM »
Downloading now :) :) :)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:17:07 AM »
Me too!

Lazyeight

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
Doug, Could you install the file? I downloaded it 3.96 GB and when I tried to unzip it I got the message that this could not be opened. I tried to restore it and that did not work. Any suggestions?
Thanks and good luck on your installation.
Lazyeight

Doug

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 11:11:18 AM »
Right now it is "unzipping" or "extracting" files ... it looks like it is working.  I put in the registration and order number and it is unzipping the "wrapper".  But it seems to be working.  I'd delete that download you've got there and give it another shot ... (holding my breath here! :-)

UPDATE ... came down fine .. looking at it now.

D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:48:44 AM by Doug »

Lazyeight

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
You are fortunate. The FTX forum is filled with folks like me who have downloaded it but cannot open it. Just get an error message. I will try later.

Lazyeight

Lazyeight

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »
just tried again and no joy. The zip file downloaded but will not open. I will delete it and try again later.

Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 07:03:24 PM »
Lazyeight,
do not use the WIN unzipping utility it will not work with the big file, try WIN RAR, 7Zip or some such utility.
Also you can not try to run the installer from the zip file, you have to extract all the files to a temp location and then run the one .exe file with all the other files in the same location as the .exe file.
Be aware the unwrapper seems like it is hung up but it took me about 45 min. for everything to install once I clicked on the .exe file.  Just let er' run, oh and read the manual before you install so you know what its gonna do.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Lazyeight

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »
Third time is the charm! Got it installed. I had tried to use ALZip to unzip the download and it would not do it. I changed to Win RAR and it worked perfectly. All is installed and ready to do some flying. Thanks for the help.

Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 11:18:38 PM »
Good deal.  Glad you got it.  So far I like what little I have seen.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 08:17:18 AM »
Of course, the first thing I checked was the Grand Canyon ... went straight to the bottom to check out the river ... duh ... it's "photoreal" ... just a painting of a river, no water.  I was hoping to ride the river ... oh well.

D

Lazyeight

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
After adding the CRM scenery package when I exit the FSX program it says (not responding) but will not shut down. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
Of course, the first thing I checked was the Grand Canyon ... went straight to the bottom to check out the river ... duh ... it's "photoreal" ... just a painting of a river, no water.  I was hoping to ride the river ... oh well.

D

Doug,
could be because the Grand Canyon is several hundred miles outside of the CRM area my friend.  OZx has a Grand Canyon scenery download but do not remember what the river looks like.  Will check it out and let ya know.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 05:29:13 PM »
After adding the CRM scenery package when I exit the FSX program it says (not responding) but will not shut down. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lazyeight

Sounds like you have made an error in the installation.  I suggest that after installing the scenery AND re-installing the latest ORBX scenery libraries (a must), shut down you computer, restart, use FTX Central and switch to Default, start FSX then shut it down use FTX Central and switch it back to North America.  Start FSX fly a bit and then try shutting down.  If all works then I would do a disk clean up and defrag the HD.  Remember you just mucked about with almost 13 GB of files (4GB download and 9.1GB installed CRM).  Always have to re-install the ORBX libraries after installing any ORBX North America Scenery
Later,

Spud