Author Topic: Locations?  (Read 4351 times)

BeaverDriver

Locations?
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:56:30 AM »
I've noticed in some descriptions of the various sceneries, it tells you how to find a camp/lodge/whatever in FSX, and in the other descriptions, it does not (this is not the attached map I'm referring to). This might be the root of my question about not being able to find Hunter Bay Cannery (under Troubleshooting). So my question is, are all the camps/locations in the FSX database (i.e. do they all have start points) and which will show up on the GPS, or only select ones? No problem either way, but I might be thinking I've got a problem of a camp not showing up on the map, when in fact it's not supposed to.

Thanks much  :)
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

George_F

Re: Locations?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »
I could be wrong but I'm guessing the Misty locations are in the scenery if you installed them, but not necessarily in the FSX database  :)
George "Alky®" Fisher

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
George is right, in fact unless the scenery has a PF designator (PF01 PF02 etc) then it will not show up in the GPS as it does not have the right type of bgl file to show that, they are just scenery, not "Airstrips"

That is the primary reason for the maps and the Triptix, to help you find them.

For any of the PF sceneries to show up in FSC or PlanG you need to rebuild the programs own database (or import it in the case of PlanG)

As a side note, if you check the PlanG database thread in this forum, Dieter has already provided a downloadable database for PlanG that will show all the non PF locations.

BeaverDriver

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 01:35:32 PM »
Ahhh, ok. That's fine then. Yes, now that you mention it, I only saw a few ADEX files, so now it all makes sense. I have the RW Sectionals for that entire region so between my GPS and them (if I decide to use the GPS - often don't  ;) ) I'll be in fine shape given the enclosed maps. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything as I ran into the problem at Ketch at the same time, so was getting paranoid.

Thanks guys, appreciate this  :)
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )