Author Topic: slight difference in temp folder name  (Read 5352 times)

spinker

slight difference in temp folder name
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »
Hello

I have folowed your instructions for installingn EZ-1.zip file. In your instuctions you say in MOST IMPORTANT STEP you say it will create a temporary folder called "EZ LIBRARIES ALL" for this file to install too. It did not create a file that you describe as above but a file called "EZ LIBRARYS without the ALL. It has a 3 subfolders. I have installed that fie into FSX addon folders in FSX while in default mode.

Should it be installed while in North America Mode??

Also will the EZ LIBRARIES without the ALL be acceptable??

Larry

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: slight difference in temp folder name
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:13:02 PM »
The library objects that are in EZ_1.zip shouldn't have any dependency what area you're in. They are objects that work whether your in N. America, Australia or Default FSX.

Those instructions came from the creator of the EZ_1.zip file and I just followed those instructions and everything installed for me. Try our areas out and see if you have the objects that should be there. For your test, you should try to install "Moresby Camp" I know that there are some objects that only come with the EZ_1.zip file there. Animated construction equipment should be moving dirt there.

If you see those, then your installation should be good.

Try that.

Brad

spinker

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »
Hello Brad,

Thanks for your quck reply,

I will download and try that file. Will get back to you with my findings tommorrow, getting late now.

Larry

spinker

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
Hello Brad,

I have arrived at Morseby Camp. Heavy equipment is here but no animation.

When I run the ez_1 file it defaults to C\Program Files (x86)Microsoft games \Flight Simulator 9. when I re-direct the installation to a new directory on my C/: drive which I have created called "TEMP" per the instructions it has created 2 files.
One called ""uninstall" and one  called "addon scenery" no extension called "ALL" and another subdirectory called EZ Scenery Library. If I I click on EZ Scenery Library I get 3 Subdirectorys called texture,scenery, and new_mdl. I am still on my C:\ directory. I assume I should install this to my E directory because that is where all my FSX files reside and now it is in my e:/FSX

At no time does it install to a file called EZ Librarys ALL. Maybe I should create a file called "EZ Librarys ALL" to install too since the executable file is not creating this file??
Right now I am lost.

I have sent my system specs

System
OS  Win 7 Pro 64 bit  | CPU  Intel Core i7-960 |  Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R  | Video Nvidea GeForce GTX 460--Nvidia  Driver:  258.96RAM   G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600  |E: Drive FSX SSD 480G OCZ OCZSSD2 |C: Drive 600GB WD Velociraptor 10000 RPM |  Power Supply: Corsair 750 watt  |   Case: Thermaltake M9
                              Addons
 FS genesis US Landclass | UTX usa UTX canada UTX Europe | REX 2 | FTX | GEX North America | GEX Europe | Ultimate Traffic 2 

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
 :-\ Well I'm not sure how to address that really. Maybe somebody else here can chime in and assist. I've never done anything but follow the EZ_1.zip file readme to a "T" and had no issues so, I'm kind of lost with what this challenge brings right now I'm afraid.

Don't know if the temp folder file makes a difference but maybe having split locations between your programs is what's causing the missing files.

Brad

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 05:37:46 AM »
Unzip the EZ1 file to any folder.

In your addon scenery folder create a folder called EZ (this is not critical, you can name it hamster if you like)

Take the two folders Scenery and Texture from the uzipped EZ1 folder and copy/move them to the new EZ/Hamster folder in the addon scenery folder you just made.

Start FSX

Go to the settings tab and open the scenery library

Select Add

Browse to the folde you made and click it, do not click past it.

OK that, you should now see EZ/hamster at the top of the list which is OK,

OK out of the library which will now update the database.

Check out the scenery and see if it works.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
Unless I'm having vision problems the ez_1.zip will create 3 folders:
1. new-mdl
2. scenery
3. texture
I just put all 3 folders into my Object Library for EZ Scenery.
As Avian pointed out you can name the library folder anything you like and just place the sub folders into the EZ Object Library (my name) folder and add the EZ Object Library folder to your Addon Scenery Folder.  Then make sure it is added to the scenery library.  FSX will find any scenery object listed in the library if it is called by a scenery file.
 :)
Later,

Spud

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »
Ah yeah, I forgot the model folder. That too then. :)