Author Topic: Congratulations to the RTMM team!  (Read 4573 times)

JV

• Orbx CEO
    • Orbx FTX Website
Congratulations to the RTMM team!
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »
From all the team at Orbx, and especially Holger and myself, a big congrats to Doug, Brad and all the gang here at RTMM on a successful relaunch in such slick and professional style. I'm sure the community here will grow and prosper and we're already planning to release a free update to PFJ which adds many new features.

In terms of our plans for payware airports, I can confirm here (exclusively first to RTMM!) that we're releasing PAKT Ketchikan, CZST Stewart and CYBD Bella Coola through 2011 and early 2012. These are being created by Russ White who as most of you know, is a 3D modeling magician and in particular you're going to see some incredible ground-breaking new tech at Ketchikan which will amaze you all. I personally cannot wait to do the hop between these three locations!

The Orbx team is thrilled with the re-launch and will be a staunch supporter of this community! The best of luck to you all, and safe skies always!
John Venema

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Congratulations to the RTMM team!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:22:06 PM »
John,

I'm very happy that we've opened up new areas of discovery for your world that the ORBX developers have given us. It's only my way of saying thank you for what you've brought to the FSX community.

Simply put, the finest scenery ever developed for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Misty will only be as strong as the community that embraces her. We've simply opened that door a little and welcomed back some old and new friends. Now we can all come together and have some fun in "PFJ" and beyond.

Let the artists be artists, but let the dreamers show some imagination. It's going to be a great ride.

Thank You John, and whatever you need from us here, just let us know. This door swings both ways quite nicely I think.

Brad

hankkoopman

• retired musician and aircraft firefighter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »
Wow there is a lot of backslapping going on here..... but deservedly so!

I am just so blown away by the flight sim community as a whole. JV who started off
with VOZ some time back. Moved on to a business platform with ORBX, and then all
these enthusiastic supporters who now come to the fore with all this extra free "dressing"
that make FSX truly an experience to fly in. You all participate on each others forums,
but also agree to help each other with new ideas. With people co-operating so much,
there is hope for this planet yet. Bless you all.

Cheers
Hank

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:52:05 AM »
JV ... thank you for your comments and the "exclusive" ... I'll put that up in the NOTAMs this morning so everybody can catch it. 

Hank is right, there is some backslapping going on here today ... but he's also correct in that, in this case, it makes sense.  "Complimentary" ideas have come together to form something special for people. And as Hank says, that's a little unusual these days. But it is happening here.

So from the RTMM team ... please thank YOUR team John (and also thanks to Holger)  for the beautiful 350,000 square mile sand box they made for us to play in and have fun "decorating."  Everybody wins. ORBX, RTMM and especially the people who enjoy the result.

Doug