Author Topic: Tired of thowing rocks and snowballs while taxiing the A/C?  (Read 3465 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Got these little tweaks quite awhile ago but just noticed that they are available at the OZx download page.
Tired of kicking up those boulders while taxiing around on dirt fields?  Or throwing all those snowballs out behind the aircraft taxiing in the snow?  Well there are a couple of replacement files for the Effects folder in FSX that will eliminate these unrealistic things from FSX.  Simple replace the original two effects files (back them up of course) with the new files and its done!

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/11-utilities/

scroll down a bit to find the files.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jstanbro

Re: Tired of thowing rocks and snowballs while taxiing the A/C?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »
Thanks for pointing this out!
Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
Yes, thank you Spud!
...just downloaded the files. I will give them a try! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

foggy-bottom

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
As above, thanks for the info.

I'll give 'em a try.  My original solution was just to rename the applicable files as *.xxx.  Taxying at KORS recently on a damp day the poor old Cub looked like it had wheel brakes on fire with all the "effect" coming off the wheels...
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
As above, thanks for the info.

I'll give 'em a try.  My original solution was just to rename the applicable files as *.xxx.  Taxying at KORS recently on a damp day the poor old Cub looked like it had wheel brakes on fire with all the "effect" coming off the wheels...

As far as the amount of dust/snow kicked up, that is not changed.  All the new effects do is eliminate the clods and chunks being spit out with the dust/snow.  One could probably alter some numbers in the file to reduce the amount of snow/dirt being shown but I'm not positive about that one.  Might need some investigation.
 8)
Later,

Spud

foggy-bottom

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 02:27:59 PM »
Thanks for the additional ifo Spud - I've added it to the "Sometime" list.......!
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...