Author Topic: Development stopped?  (Read 4798 times)

Fred

Development stopped?
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:46:55 AM »
Hi Guys

After a landslide with releases of small scenery packages it seems to have stopped completly. Has this something to do with the recent merge of OZx and ORBX? Just wondering.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Development stopped?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:38:05 AM »
Fred,
no, it is just that most of the folks who develop the scenery here are either, busy with real life things, (medical problems, vacations etc.) at the moment and have curtailed their activities.
This is a very good opportunity for one to start visiting all the places already in the scenery (50 at last count) plus the Forest Service Cabins etc.  I doubt that there are many who have actually made all the flights from just the flight plans alone besides self made trips.
Last night I was flying around exploring and came across a rather large structure with four 1200' transmission towers around it that I can not identify yet.  I do not believe it is RTMM scenery and the coordinates are:

N55° 26.35'  W131° 15.31'

Anybody know what this is?
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
These are:
Shoal Cove LORAN-C Station and two antennas,
included in Pacific Fjords.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »
Hello Fred,

We are still at work,

Chilcotin plateau airfield may be released next week,

WIP :
Tatla lake manor and abandonned airfield, near Chilcotin plateau
Telkwa lodge,

And I'm looking for something special...

So, we have not stopped development, we try to keep the hard work.

Best

Xavier

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
Hello Fred,

We are still at work,

Chilcotin plateau airfield may be released next week,

WIP :
Tatla lake manor and abandonned airfield, near Chilcotin plateau
Telkwa lodge,

And I'm looking for something special...

So, we have not stopped development, we try to keep the hard work.

Best

Xavier

These are really great news, Xavier!
Thank you for providing your great sceneries to the community! 8)

BTW:
Spud is totally right there are already so many nice places and sceneries on RTMM. So we should be able to do lots of flying time! Since RTMM is online my sim-flyingtime increased heavy but I wasn`t able to visit all the sceneries yet. There`s so much to explore..... Thank you Guys!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Fred ...

Trust me (read my lips) ... we are not "associated" with ORBX or OZx ... most of them won't allow us to use their "objects" ... so we don't unless we have written permission (which we do from 3 developers). So be assured, anything "they" do has nothing to do with us.

I myself just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii ... I put up all the Notams, etc ... so with me "outta here" nothing is showing.

Also, you were watching the site under construction ... that's why it was so fast and furious ... we were actually criticized for putting up "too many" things!   So Now we are at a "normal" production pace. But as stated earlier with 51 present scenery locations and the 30 some Forest Service Cabins, there's about 90 places to visit ... plenty to do while we , more casually, build more things.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »
These are:
Shoal Cove LORAN-C Station and two antennas,
included in Pacific Fjords.

Dieter

Thanks for the info.  Just wanted to note that there are four (4) 1200' tall antennas at that location.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:23 AM »
I for one am still learning, so 'production' will not be around the corner. But working on something in the shed behind the FBO ;-)
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Fred

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
Thanks guys for the replies. I have so far been visiting little more than half of the places so I have much more to look forward to. I must say I enjoy the work done in this area very much. I like the atmosphere you have created here and all the boat traffic are just great.