Author Topic: CYJJ Victoria Scenery Error Solution  (Read 3759 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
CYJJ Victoria Scenery Error Solution
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:18:21 PM »
Although a bit south from most of the bush flying areas CYJJ scenery has always presented a slight problem even in FS9.  In the SE corner of the field is a large parking lot full of vehicles.  There are photoreal vehicles (flat) in the parking lot as well.  There is a line of vehicles parked on the roadway that FSX traffic pass through and most noticeable of all at the corner of the parking lot are three follow-me vehicles sitting with flashing lights and behind these is another one standing on its front bumper spinning about 60 RPM.  I remember that there was a fix for this in FS9 but could not remember what it was other than dumping some files from somewhere.

After about going google-eyed searching I finally managed to find out how to remove the vehicles.  It seems that if you have the RWY 12 scenery library there are some files that cause this.  If you search the scenery folder of RW12 Library you will find four files that start with the name ExtraObjects .... , these are the cause of the Extra vehicles and simply renaming the file to another extension (I used .BAK) will remove the spinning car, the flashing cars and all the vehicles parked on the roadway.  By adding the extension the files are still in the library but just disabled.  As the name says they are EXTRA objects for demo purposes and are not needed.

If your CYJJ scenery exhibits the flashing spinning vehicles then use this tweak to fix it.

8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: CYJJ Victoria Scenery Error Solution
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:29:38 AM »
Yes, however, it is CYYJ.  (not CYJJ)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: CYJJ Victoria Scenery Error Solution
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »
OH Oh forgot to correct that on this forum.  Yes it is CYYJ.
 8)
Later,

Spud