Author Topic: AN-2 Engine Failures  (Read 2892 times)

bt103504

AN-2 Engine Failures
« on: May 12, 2019, 10:08:13 AM »
Greetings folks. I'm just curious if anyone has any idea on how disable engine failures on the new siblings AN-2 or the octopus-g version? I know the standard response is going to be "fly it by the book". I'm just curious if it was possible to disable this feature?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: AN-2 Engine Failures
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 01:37:16 AM »
     Sometimes there is a panel with an option to disable failures.  I don't know ...  :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
The manual prop spin, cowls and clutch switches are usually the problem in the AN-2 and if not set as per the checklist: the engine will jam/seize after flying for a few minutes and there are a few more failures.

IE:
    Engine failure: Fail to do manual rotation of propeller (button 5): 20% possibility to fail after start
    Engine Failure: User sees message "Water!" after sump drain procedure 6 - 10 seconds hold): 5% possibility of engine, repeat draining to remove water
    Engine Failure: Engine overheat when conditions apply
    Pitot Fail: If airplane has speed less than 60 km/h more than 10 minutes (failure will happen in 10-20 minutes range)
    Lights Failure: If landing lights work more than 8 minutes (failure will happen in 8-16 minutes range)

But think you can bypass: Try this:

Go to the an2.ini file (In root folder of OctopusG_An-2). Open that .ini file with notepad:

[simconnect]
; version=
[an2]
failures=1   
[insects]
count=1
probability=0.60
slapsToKillMin=3
slapsToKillMax=7

The failures line: Default value reads:  failures=1 (which is failures on). Replace the 1 with 0 (so failures=0) and save the file. This should turn off the failures in the AN-2. Maybe!!

Hope it works for you?

Here is a quick vide on the AN-2:

LINK: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/129083-a-video-explaining-a-few-things-on-the-an2/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:52:13 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

xxd09

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »
Thanks so much for this
Love this plane but struggling with its flying set up
Your “failure “ bypass worked a treat
I am in the air flying and can take my time learning the various procedures
Such a beautiful model
xxd09
PS Had not been able to fly it long enough for the fly inside the cockpit to appear-a further bonus!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:03:10 AM by xxd09 »

bt103504

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 11:00:02 AM »
Agreed thanks so much! This has given me enough opportunity to learn the plane that I can start re-implementing the failure system without worrying of falling out of the sky.

Out of curiosity do you guys happen to know if this is also possible for the new ATSimulations aircraft? I wasn't able to find a config file, so I'm almost wondering if the failures are "baked" into the aircraft .mdl file itself?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »

Out of curiosity do you guys happen to know if this is also possible for the new ATSimulations aircraft? I wasn't able to find a config file, so I'm almost wondering if the failures are "baked" into the aircraft .mdl file itself?

Personally, have no idea on the atsimulations aircraft. Actually before today have never heard of atsimulations and don't own one so have no idea.  (Site traced to http://atsimulations.com/).  Their AN2 looks like a clone or modified version of the old Sibwings AN2 version- looks like.

Maybe someone how might know will might chime in about the atsimulations aircraft?
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Dieter

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 01:31:22 PM »
ATSimulation was recently founded by Andrey Tsvirenko, a member of former SibWings.

His AN-2 Antonov is indeed a further development of the former SibWing AN-2, in which he was significantly involved. Previous owners of the SibWing AN-2 will get a rebate of 50% when buying his new creation.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

xxd09

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 07:11:15 PM »
Thanks for this Dieter
I was an owner of the previous Sibwings An-2
The 50 % discount does not seem to work at the moment as the coupon where one enters required email only prints in capital letters invalidating most emails I would think
I have asked for clarification
xxd09

xxd09

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 08:19:17 AM »
Clarified -got my discount
Now can I get into the air?
xxd09

bt103504

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »
Anyone know if it's possible to turn off the failures with the AT-Simulations bird?