Author Topic: FedEx Terminals  (Read 8933 times)

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
FedEx Terminals
« on: May 11, 2019, 06:45:10 AM »
Hi

Just downloaded and installed the new FedEx 2019 files and have a couple of issues:

1. There are no files in the 'texture' folder' - is that correct?

2. I can see the FedEx terminals/trucks/pickups/forklifts/staff etc  in all airports except PAKT.
Having said that I did see the scenery in place one time whilst I was on the ground [I think I had crashed my  Beaver somehow whilst taxiing around] but all the other PAKT scenery was 'floating'. Any suggestions?

Tongass and PFJ are installed.

Thanks
Josh

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: FedEx Terminals
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 06:50:20 AM »
Oh - and I have PAKT v115 installed

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »
1. Correct - There are no textures in the "Blank" texture folder.

2. A few things to check:
The latest Part IV libs and updates to the previous libs must be installed to see the items. And the RTMM add-on scenery has to be above the RTMM Libs. Check your FTXCentral v3 insertion points.

FTX entries below RTMM libs.
OpenLC entries below Tongass_Lower.   (This places Tongass between FTX and OpenLC where it has to be.

3. Mesh doesn't usually match perfectly. If your running any mesh, turn it off and try PAKT again and if you have any misc other scenery at PAKT turn it off too to test. 

4. PAKT is a bit complex with the Orbx V1.15

There are scenery variations for PAKT: Orbx vs Default: Ie:

CIRP PAKT Payware Office v2.0 (ORBX PAKT) vs CIRP PAKT Original Office  v2.1 (DEFAULT PAKT)
Herring Bay Cannery& SPB PF34 v2.1 (ORBX PAKT) vs Herring Bay Cannery & SPB PF34 v1 (DEFAULT PAKT)
Hollis Harbor (ORBX PAKT) vs Hollis Harbor (DEFAULT PAKT)

What sim are you running? - (PAKT is just south of Tongass) but if your running P3D4x, Tongass requires 40 custom terrain manual entries to be made in the terrain.cfg or it won't layer correctly.

Just a few things to check.

Hope this helps.

Norm. 

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 09:11:12 AM »
Just an observation that the empty texture folder should be removed in order to eliminate the confusion factor. Can be quietly done by Doug without any fanfare.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 06:51:34 PM »
Hi Norm. Thanks for your response.

In the order of your reply:

1. I've deleted the empty 'texture' folder iaw Steve's observation.

2. Confirm that Part IV installed and the other libraries are current [25 Feb 17].
RTMM scenery is above the RTMM libraries - both sets in alphabetical order and all entries begin 'RTMM - '.

I use Lorby P3DAO and add RTMM/3rd party stuff [with the exception of ORBX] via xml method. All my ORBX stuff is in the scenery.cfg.
So to prevent FTX central messing up my scenery order I created a dummy scenery folder [in scenery.cfg called Add On Scenery Divider] above which are all my RTMM and 3rd party add-ons and directly below this dummy folder are the ORBX libraries and ORBX scenery/airports entries.
3rd party entries, such as Aerosoft's PANC, are below the RTMM entries and directly above the dummy folder.

Insertion point for FTX is below the dummy scenery entry and the insertion point for openLC is below Tongass lower priority. Both Tongass entries are below my ORBX entries and were not added using the xml method.

3. I use FS Pilots Next Gen mesh and these entries are below Orbx Vector entries which in turn are below 'Africa'. These entries were not added via xml method.

All my RTMM and 3rd party 'Scenery\World\Scenery' files [18 in total] are added via xml method and are sandwiched between the default scenery [layer1]and default terrain [layer2] and Vector AEC [layer 21].

'My Traffic 06a' is directly above Global Generic & Vehicle Libraries and added via xml method.

I'm confident this order is as prescribed in Step Table 8.

As you suggest, I will turn off the mesh plus the RTMM harbor/ferry/cruise ship scenery to test and will report back.

4. I don't have Herring Bay/Hollis installed this time around just yet. But I have visited them in previous installations and they've been fine. At PAKT v115 I can see the CIRP office next to the passenger terminal with the MM Seaplane Services sign.

I'm running P3D v4.5 and I followed Elaine's Tongass installation guide. For previous installs I have added the 40 Tongass entries manually to the bottom of the terrain.cfg file but in my recent reinstall they have been added automatically at textures 383 to 422. There are 1097 textures in this file and the 'default texture count' is 1098. I updated to P3D v4.5 after installing Tongass.

Regards
Josh

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 12:36:35 PM »
UPDATE:

With PAKT v115, all 9 RTMM libs and FedEx scenery only activated - no FedEx scenery but everything else in place.

Without PAKT v115, all 9 RTMM libs and FedEx scenery only activated - FedEx scenery shows but other buildings, planes and trees are 'floating'.

Just a long shot, but should the 40 Tongass entries be at the bottom of terrain.cfg and not where they are as I indicated in my previous post?

Josh

Josh

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »

Just a long shot, but should the 40 Tongass entries be at the bottom of terrain.cfg and not where they are as I indicated in my previous post?

Josh

Hmmm weird. I don't understand. Might need the big guns (Rod/Steve/Doug) on this one to figure it out. I don't get it.

Now from my experience, no matter where you put the terrain.cfg entries, as soon as you start your sim, they will sequence in right below the default terrain.cfg entries(// Legacy_LandWaterMask_Land_NoFlatten [Texture.382] - Then the tongass entries follow starting at [Texture.383] through [Texture.422], followed by autogen entries and FTX entries etc. 

You can give it a try at the bottom and see your results after sim start but I expect that those 40 Tongass entries will move up to their regular spot @ Texture 383.

Switch/Adjust Vector for PAKT - to either enabled or disabled.
Last thing - search for an PAKT_ALT File somewhere in your scenery files.  If there is one add .OFF to it to turn it off.

Norm
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:27:11 AM by nbrich1 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 09:08:21 PM »
Disable Pilot's Next Gen Mesh and see what happens.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »
Steve

No difference whether or not mesh is activated.

The floating buildings are the ones with animated chimney smoke and 2 bi-planes plus the CIRP office, passenger terminal and blue excavator.

I'm happy to post screenshots if that would help but I don't know how to reduce the file size for posting.

I've also run FTX AEC and note that PAKT does not show in the enabled/disabled lists of airports.

Josh.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 03:36:05 PM »
Ok, there is definately an FEDEX issue at PAKT.. I see it now.. Like an elevation issue where the FEDEX Building is actually under Orbx PAKT Fire House.. (It's buried on the north side by the river bank..
So that FedEx piece at PAKT is actually under the terrain if Orbx Pakt is enabled..

Pic attached.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »
Looks like the FedEx objects were placed using the default PAKT and not made for the payware version. With the payware version active, no FedEx objects are visible because they sit below ground level. The floating trees must have been put there using the payware version so  there's a mix of the 2 versions that appear in the default version.There needs to be 2 versions of the PAKT FedEx complex; one for the default version and one for the ORBX payware version, and never the twain shall meet.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »
Indeed..  This one was bugging me - I couldn't see what was wrong until exploring every piece of PAKT cause I couldn't see FedEx.. Hmmm where did it go?. Then fell through the terrain at close proximity to the fire station in Orbx PAKT to see FedEx Building, containers, the trucks, flag etc underneath the fire station.  My fault for not looking at PAKT first before responding. 

So FedEx has to be raised to sit atop the elevation and not under it if using Orbx Pakt.

So Josh.. go under the fire station on the hill at the east end of PAKT and you'll see FedEx building- might need to slew under!!  Now that explains why you can see FedEx with default, cause there is no elevation in default PAKT.. but there sure is in Orbx PAKT.

Looks like FedEx might have to be relocated to the east to sit beside the fire station for use with Orbx PAKT!!!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:34:54 PM by nbrich1 »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 07:11:46 AM »
I will need to create a Payware PAKT version of the Fed Ex terminal and issue an update. TBD on when. Will get to it though.

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »
Gentlemen

Pics of some of what I see

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 08:12:55 AM »
Those are payware PAKT sceneries.   ;)   Do you have that? ???
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:15:05 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P