Author Topic: Deltasim sailboats - are they actually "sailable"?  (Read 4577 times)

Stearmandriver

Deltasim sailboats - are they actually "sailable"?
« on: April 19, 2019, 07:13:54 AM »
Not really a RTMM question but I don't know where else to ask; boating discussion on flight sim forums seems rare.

I've seen posts here where folks mention having Deltasim boats to include sailboats (I'm specifically thinking of the X55).  I'm curious: do you actually "sail" these things, as in, you have to trim the sails to the correct angle to the wind to make the boat go?  And then adjust sail trim as necessary with wind or course changes?  Or are the sails basically cosmetic, where they just swing around automatically?  The demo videos kind of look like the latter but I can't find any info..  could anyone who owns these models chime in? Thanks!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Deltasim sailboats - are they actually "sailable"?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:42:04 AM »
This certainly is an RTMM question.  We enjoy boating in the RTMM area, and this forum section is dedicated to that activity.  I own the X55, and it does not "sail".  You drive it, but the wind has no effect on it.  There is a ship that is sailable, the HMS Bounty.  But none of the Deltasim models do that.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Stearmandriver

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »
Thanks Jeff!  Yep, I really love Milton's Bounty, that's why I was wondering if the Deltasim boats were similar. Ah well, looks like the Bounty's launch is also sailable if one needs a smaller boat, I'll have to try that out...

Danjula

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 06:42:26 AM »
Yes that's very true, the Deltasim models do not sail. I thought there was a separate thread for this already?