Author Topic: hiatus  (Read 1731 times)

av8erjm

hiatus
« on: April 19, 2019, 04:51:58 PM »
Norm or anyone else, I'm going to be taking an hiatus for awhile, was downloading another program on my desktop and it did something to my Windows it wouldn't load, tried to put in the Windows disk and run a repair but to no avail, so took it into the shop today to have them work some magic. I'll let ya' know when I'm back on liine

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: hiatus
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 05:30:21 PM »
OUCH! Malware?

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
Had the same thing 3 weeks or so ago... Finally after 11 MS Techs later, still wouldn't boot up or restore or repair or even generate repair options or do a restore from image or go into save mode etc etc. It was MS updates that totally corrupted my good OS install.

Following that excercise ended up having to reinstall my OS from scratch. Finally after OS in and then restoring all programs back on and sim running good again, #2 GPU blew up! ARG.. Ended up with a new GPU (Video card) and finally back up and correctly running.

Hang in there Jim and hopefully they'll recover!

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:09:58 AM »
Good lessons on the importance making regular complete system backups with a good HDD mirroring program! I've saved my bacon numerous times when things went horribly wrong so that I didn't have to reinstall everything from scratch. A few hours to automatically rebuild my system versus weeks or months. I shudder at the thought of having to recreate years and years of work and reconfiguration.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support