Author Topic: Thank you from Jaggyroad Films!  (Read 5069 times)

Jaggyroad Films

Thank you from Jaggyroad Films!
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:00:27 AM »
Howdy folks. I saw your site listed on several forums. While I did have the original Misty Fjords back in the day for FS2004, I must have apparently missed you original website, and for that I apologize. Regardless, I have found your site now.

I did the original promotional video for Orbx for Pacific Fjords. Your additions to the PFJ scenery help bring the area further to life and give it a lot of reason to exist. You have expanded an already wonderful set of scenery with fine details.

Today I took a trip from Ketchican and made a stop at Misty's place. From there I traveled to the Hunter Bay Cannery, landing my helo (the new Aerosoft Huey X) on level ground slightly to the north overlooking the docks.

A couple of things struck me....
1) There were birds around most of the boats, at the cannery and around the area. Having lived in Alaska for many years, and seeing various fisheries and canneries from Seward to Valdez (even a bunch along the Oregon coast), this is a familiar sight to me and brought back some fun memories.
2) The scenery was complex, but not overwhelming or silly. It was exactly as it should be. Everything has a place, the scenery makes sense and it gives that immersive believability we all want.
3) There is absolutely no frame degradation.
4) There are lots of little "surprises" if you look closely. The pictures for the downloads do not gives any justice to what you are downloading.

This is some of the best freeware bush scenery I have seen thus far, and something I will continue to use into the future.

With your permission, I would also like to utilize this in future videos should the need arise. I am always looking for nice places to film at and from.

So, folks, thanks. A high recommendation from me. Keep on keeping on. While I cannot guarantee to be a contributing member here, you can bet that I will be checking this website frequently for updates, new missions and enhancements.

Kind regards,
-Cody Bergland
Owner, Jaggyroad Films

BeaverDriver

Re: Thank you from Jaggyroad Films!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:02:25 AM »
Hello Cody,
So YOU did the promos for Orbx! I was on there last night (I've had their scenery for a while, but this was the first time I looked at the video - I've always done things backwards ;) ). That video blew me away. Talk about a truly professional piece of work. I assume you also did the video for the FTX AU promo as well? These are outstanding and are the best I've seen for anything of that nature. Nice going, and I hope MM gives you their blessings to produce some material in the MM area. You would do it justice (which is no easy task), and I agree with all your comments on the MM sceneries, so I see that as a win-win situation.

Anyway, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents (Canadian, so now that's about 1.9 cents US - haven't been able to say that for a long time  ;D ).

Glenn
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:43:33 AM »
Cody ...

No problem with using anything you see here ... we only ask that the "credits" be in place, this to protect our developers, (but you've always done this with your fine work). We are a FREEware, and plan to stay that way. That means this is all put together by volunteers that do it for the love of it with no financial remuneration. So if folks want to pass around screenshots (and videos?) of what is here, we not only encourage it, that would also make us very proud.

Putting up the site as quickly as we did, we didn't focus so much on smelling the flowers as much as planting them :-).  So you are correct, our screenshots don't do justice to what is there.  We just put up a screenshot thread where we'll hope folks will find that "special shot" and send it to us. The really good ones we will put into the gallery.

Thank you for your kind comments.  And, I too always wondered who Jaggyroad Films was ... I'll be darned ... we've all now met you personally!  Welcome to the site. Thank you for all the films you produced for ORBx ... I think all of us are and were amazed at the quality of those.  Personally speaking, I "flew" those even before I had FSX and those films were one of the "drivers" for me when Brad was convincing me to start an FSX Misty Moorings.  The result is Return to Misty Moorings ... so you too had an impact on Return to Misty Moorings. Thank you!

Jaggyroad Films

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 03:00:01 AM »
Hey, that's great! I have done a lot of videos for various developers... From Flight1, Aerosoft, A2A Simulations, Orbx and MANY others. My company has released over 100 videos since I started this line of work over 3 years ago. I think a lot of people know of my work, but after all these years are just learning who I am. I love my work. I couldn't ask for a cooler job. :D

If I put any of your work in a video, naturally I will credit you fine folks.

Thanks for the kind responses.

Cheers and beers!

Regards,
-Cody

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:42:50 AM »
and MANY others........
-Cody

..... that would include the publisher of the ORIGINAL Misty Fjords......  ;)
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Jaggyroad Films

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:57:24 AM »
..... that would include the publisher of the ORIGINAL Misty Fjords......  ;)
My dear Francois! Long time no talk mate. You make your rounds around here I take it?

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 02:59:36 AM »
I make the rounds, yes  ;)
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog