Author Topic: Good to be back. this is easy....  (Read 2182 times)

SteveA

Good to be back. this is easy....
« on: April 21, 2019, 01:17:50 PM »
Yep, this is easy.  right?   Making my way through Tour 2 with the Amphibian Beaver.  All the usual challenges with Alaska weather.  Remembering how to fly a plane.  Multitasking in low visibility and low ceilings.  Thank goodness this leg was into PAKT.  Ended it with pulling up the ILS procedure for the final bit and absolutely NAILED that approach and landing with silky smooth 100 fps ..... wait, I think I forgot something....

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Good to be back. this is easy....
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:49:32 PM »
ARG!!! WHOOPS!! Sure very EASY!! Not usually!! There used to be a checklist for landing... somewhere... lol

Indeed it's nice to have you back Steve!! But even as it was in the days of old, you're still very hard on the planes!! Yes you kind of definitely nailed that landing on your lucky number 13th flight at MFC with a great Landing Rate of -72.28 fpm!! - Very Nice!!

Now all we have to do is replace the Beaver pontoons that were totally ripped apart as well as smooth-out the PAKT runway that is all gouged out by the pontoons and rudders that you had down between where you touched down and where your plane stopped! Great comeback!! lol.

Ok, just finished finding a replacement set of pontoons for that Beaver:
https://aerocet.com/products/de-havilland/\

Only $84,500.00 US for the Beaver amphibian pontoons/(which includes the from wheels and rear rudders. Thanks a bunch!

But still a warm welcome back Steven. lol. (Warm? or is it "WARM" because we're standing too close to the flames that are still burning under your Pontoons!! ?)   (Firetruck will be here in a moment - hopefully before the flames reach the fuselage!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:52:26 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

SteveA

Re: Good to be back. this is easy....
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 01:59:54 PM »
The engine was making this strange thumping noise and the prop tips looked... different.  there may have been a prop strike.  Have the guys check that will you?   Meanwhile I'll be in town at the "Hanger on the Wharf" pub celebrating my return to Alaska.  Have somebody fly in a spare plane and I'll finish the Tour.  You'll find this one sitting on the numbers for 11 (unless they moved it already)

I bought a pack of sticky notes.   I'll put one over the flap indicator.  "GEAR DOWN?"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:03:02 PM by SteveA »