Author Topic: Can't install any Misty items  (Read 6166 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Can't install any Misty items
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
Explain what you mean by it's "visible in the main directory." What "main directory" are you referring to? After you put it into your Addon Scenery are you activating it in the scenery library and pointing to the proper scenery folder?

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 02:49:13 PM »
Don't get it Tom.. The scenery downloads are zip files.  Like it is a matter of 1. Unzip the zip to a temp folder.  2. Place the extracted folders/files: IE: the Add-on Scenery folder, Effects/Sound folders/files (if any), place any scenery-world-scenery files/(where applicable), then set up the add-on scenery folder in your scenery libs. (then make sure the scenery position/insertion points are set up - Done. 

There is the procedural tricky FSX scenery lib issue where you have to click on empty space to get the add-on piece added or you could just get around it by direct edit of the scenery.cfg

Ok, do you have the RTMM Libs in?, ORBX?, Tongass?  Like how are you trying to do it? 

I have a busy week but if need be, can help you set this stuff up via teamviewer (remote access). Just let me know if you are open to this if you're totally stuck and can try to arrange a time. (which might be a bit difficult to set up since it appears by your location you are on Pacific time whereas I am on Eastern but we can try. (Just email me).

Norm
(norm_richards@hotmail.com)

Norm, thanks for your offer of help.

In answer to your questions, I have 5 RTMM files and 5 others such as RWY12LibraryFSXP3D.  I also have ORBX and Tongass.  I have no problem with Orbx scenery.  I have scenery files showing up in the Scenery Config but when I fly they are not visible.

I have a high end system.  FSX is on its own drive with lots of unused available space.

Once again, thanks for your offer of help.

Tom Hibben  My e-mail is THibben12@outlook.com
Tom

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »
Tom,
In reading your last post I'm wondering if you have of the RTMM object libraries installed. You say that you have "5 RTMM files and 5 others such as RWY12LibraryFSXP3D." RWY12LibraryFSXP3D is just one component  of the RTMM libraries. There are 4 object libraries that you MUST have in order to use RTMM scenery, and each library, Part 1 - Part IV, must be activated in the scenery library within your sim. The Part I library also has several libraries within it that also have to be installed and activated.There are more than just "5 others" in total. Reefer to the object library page, read the instructions, and get ALL 4 libraries, Part I - Part IV. http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/. Am I wrong with this assumption?

Steve
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:45:08 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 05:24:02 PM »
Steve here is a list of the libraries.

EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D
AHZx_Lib Sub LibraryFSXP3D
RW12 LibrariesFSXP3D
CeyX_Sceneries_LibrariesFSXP3D
RTMM Medical Facilities
UKVFR Library
RTMM BWEK SAK v2 for PAVD by ORBX
RTMM Required Object Libraries FSXP3D Part IV_03.20.2019
FSXP3D WH_BWEP Objects_SW 5-30-17
RTM Object Library FSXP3D
Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority
Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority

Tom
Tom

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 05:48:36 PM »
Ok Tom.. that RTMM LIB Part 1.
There is 3 other Object Libs parts (2-3-4)
and the BWEP-Med Lib
then the APP Lib.

Then you have to set the correct FTX Insertion points in FTX Central 3: (Settings)
(FTX entries should be inserted below all the RTMM Object Libraries (then the other RTMM libs sit on top of that then the rest of RTMM add-on scenery pieces sit above all the RTMM Lib folders.)

(OpenLC entries should be inserted below Tongass (lower) so that Tongass gets positioned correctly (which is between FTX and OpenLC).

And it should work just fine if you correctly set up the RTMM libs.

Ok Tom, your nickel. What have you got going on there?  (A quick play by play on how you are trying to set it up would be helpful?)

Get all the RTMM Libs in, Set the FTX insertion points in ORBX FTX Central v3, add the RTMM scenery tester on top (above the RTMM libs) and go to PANT and compare the objects that should be seen at PANT with your results before you do anything else.

Top down your scenery order should look something like this:

RTMM Addons (Above RTMM libs)
RTMM Libs  (top block-Has to be above ALL FTX-ORBX)
-------------------------------------------------
FTX
TONGASS Higher
TONGASS Lower
OpenLC
(mesh block)
FTX Vector  (5 entries)
Numbered Default Scenery
FTX Vector  (AEC entry)
Default Scenery
Default Terrain

Hope this helps?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 05:51:13 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 06:06:58 PM »
In addition to what Norm posted.

You say you have RTMM Medical Facilities, but don't see the RTMM Medical and APP Libraries FSXP3D 1-6-17 on your list.

Do you have all of the required ORBX regions installed (SAK, PNW, etc?)

Just to double check, are you positive that you have all of the required object libraries downloaded and properly installed as listed on the the object library page? Are they all checked in your sim's library?

You also didn't answer my previous question:

"Explain what you mean by it's "visible in the main directory." What "main directory" are you referring to? After you put it into your Addon Scenery are you activating it in the scenery library and pointing to the proper scenery folder?"

I've attached a screenshot of my RTMM object libraries as I have them in my scenery.cfg file. I use Scenery Config Editor to organize my scenery library.

Steve

Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 06:16:28 PM »
Thanks Steve,

What you are indicating is a total of 10 items for all of Misty basic installation.  #1 being just a title.
Is that all that is necessary?

Tom
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:38:19 PM by THibben »
Tom

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
No, #1 is not a title, per se. It points to the main Addon Scenery\scenery folder in my FSX root directory where I keep some miscellaneous files. If you have nothing placed in there, then you don't need it.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 10:24:04 AM »
Hi Norm,

I am still working on it.  I have all of the scenery objects installed except for #10 the RTMM Medical Facilities Temp Library.  Misty's Place is in and looks good but that is as far as I can get.

I will try and work on it a little today.

Tom
Tom

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 11:30:00 AM »
When you have all of the object libraries installed, be absolutely sure to use the Scenery Tester to make sure everything displays as it should!

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
Ok will try go go through the how-to:
RTMM Scenery Item: #10, as you can see, is that Orange Smoke effect which comes from the lib file:

RTMM Medical and APP Libraries FSXP3D_02.20.2017.zip
(Direct Link from the Libs page: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/Active%20Library%20Zips/RTMM%20Medical%20and%20APP%20Libraries%20FSXP3D_02.20.2017.zip)

When this zip is extracted- it has the Orange smoke effect (file is: fx_OrangeSmoke.fx) which has to be placed in your effects folder. (The scenery(/texture) part of the Medical-APP Lib should be sequenced right above your RTMM libs Parts 1-2-3-4 in your sim scenery library. 

Remember the FTX Central V3 insertion points to set- as this sets the scenery blocks in your sim scenery library. (You can change stuff around within the blocks but the FTX and OpenLC blocks stay where they are set by the FTX Central V3 insertion points).

Try to get this set up before adding any more add-on scenery. This is the base that all other stuff is built.
So from the Top down: 

Top/3rd party BLOCK
RTMM Scenery Object Tester
RTMM BWEP Library
RTMM Medical-APP Library
RTMM Libs 4
RTMM Libs 3
RTMM Libs 2
RTMM Libs 1 (sets)
---------------------------------------
FTX BLOCK  >>> Insertion Point << FTX Entries go below RTMM Libs 1
This FTX Block includes all FTX Regions & Airports 
Tongass BLOCK
Tongass Higher
Tongass Lower
FTX OpenLC Scenery BLOCK >> FTX Central V3 Insertion Point << OpenLC Entries go below Tongass Lower
Named Default Scenery Entries BLOCK
Mesh BLOCK: Place any type of Mesh scenery here
FTX Global Vector Entries EXX, CVX, APT, FixedAPT, OBJ
Numbered Default Scenery Entries (1107 Base - 0000 Base)
FTX Global Vector Entry AEC
SIM Default Scenery/Default Terrain.

Again, try to get this set up before adding any more add-on scenery. Recheck your stuff, then do the scenery tester at PANT again. This is the base that all other stuff is built. Once set up it's easy to add the rest of the RTMM add-ons cause they just layer on top of the RTMM Libs. 

Hope this somewhat helps?

Norm
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:21:52 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »
Tom,
It's hard to help you if you don't answer some of our questions. I've asked you this twice before, but you still haven't provided us with the answer.

"Explain what you mean by it's "visible in the main directory." What "main directory" are you referring to? After you put it into your Addon Scenery are you activating it in the scenery library and pointing to the proper scenery folder?"

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »
Steve,

Sorry I didn't get back with you.  I had some computer problems which someone helped me solve.
I haven't been flying much but I think I did solve the scenery issues.  If not I will get back with you.

Thanks for your support.

Tom
Tom

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »
Norm filled me in. Hope your problems are solved.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

THibben

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »
Steve,

Thanks, all is working fine now.

Tom
Tom