Author Topic: Tour 27 Locations  (Read 1512 times)

jmsmth

Tour 27 Locations
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:09:23 PM »
I am on flight 3(Summit Lake to Quartz Creek) and have problems with points ECUC and DEVP.  I found both of the cabins but there is no water to land on,  At ECUC you can't even find a suitable wheeled landing spot.  I have gone back and checked my sim settings and checked my scenery library and all looks ok.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Also is this TWC1 or TWC 2 territory

Jim Smith

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Tour 27 Locations
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 01:33:42 PM »
Yep this is based around TWC-1 and TWC-2 Territory - some very intricate routes base on Rod's material. Add the RTMM missing cabins and other POI's and it creates quite the route - and this leg by far is the most difficult for trying to land with a fixed wing. 

Both the East Creek Cabin and Devil's Pass USFS cabin are from the RTMM Missing Cabins scenery piece. Space is very limited there - both are really meant for a heli and not fixed wing and you're correct not much room at either for a great landing except for a few spots in the valley but the route is meant to explore the scenery pieces so no worries: stop where you can but no biggie if you do a flyby rather than trying to land. The heli pilots have no excuse as they can drop-in but much tougher for fixed wings at some of these spots.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:41:11 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jmsmth

Re: Tour 27 Locations
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 01:45:00 PM »
Thanks. I will refly.  A fly-by is probably in order at ECUC but will see if I can land at DEVP.

Jim