Author Topic: Refreshed Bettles  (Read 9033 times)

av8erjm

Re: Refreshed Bettles
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 06:19:08 PM »
Steve no rush I just thought I'd call it to your attention, I for one appreciate all you and all the other scenery designers accomplish I wouldn't know the first thing to do and probably wouldn't understand it if you told me

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 01:13:01 AM »
Does anyone else have the same issues at Kispoix with a "leaning tower" or missing textures. I have an idea about what's causing the leaning tower problem, but can't quite get it fixed properly.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Dieter

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 04:55:56 AM »
That "FSXP3D nac_library.bgl"
 is found in RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D
Is it not needed?
Yes, of course, still needed, was a misunderstanding!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Dieter

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 05:32:48 AM »
Well, I cannot confirm these problems:
- FSX
There are two moving windsocks, red-white striped, one at the ryw end at the fence (==> that's what you see as "leaning tower"), one at the "Welcome" sign.
No any other missing objects, welcome sign ok

- P3D
no problems at all
Attention: to get the windsocks in P3D users must change the "nack_kispiox_windsock.bgl" file from the \NAC Kispiox River folder against the one in \NAC_Kispiox River_WS_P3D folder with same name.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:43:18 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:57 AM »
As I mentioned I have the same issue with the windsocks looking like leaning columns from a distance. When approaching either one of them the windsocks appear as they should. Anyone else see any abnormalities? Does the windsock just hang in the air without a pole holding it up?

Technical stuff:

LOD = Level Of Detail.

In examining the windsock object, for some reason that I don't understand, the object creator assigned 3 LOD values, so that when viewed from a distance the windsock looks like a column. (Generally speaking, LOD values are assigned to more complex objects that don't need to be fully drawn when viewed at a distance in order to save GPU resources. It can actually appear as just a cube in the far distance, but it doesn't matter because you can't distinguish an details anyway. Like looking at a tree that's far away. You can't see the detail of the bark or even distinguish individual leaves, but as you approach it, the details of the tree become more and more distinguishable.  Same concept with LOD values assigned to objects so that when viewed from a distance the object is supposed to look like a nondescript polygon, and as you get closer to it, the details begin to fill in. I have no idea why such a very simple object, which consumes little resources, would require anything but the default LOD value.)

When attempting to examine the object's LOD properties in MCX and then change the LOD values, it causes MCX to crash due to an invalid value somewhere in the object. Therefore, there's something wrong with the object that's causing display problems for some of us. My inclination right now is to delete the windsock from the scenery. Still working on texture issues.

Steve

EDIT: I was able to find a workaround to change the LOD values in the windsock to make it display without looking like a leaning tower from a distance. It requires changing the specific object, changing it in the Part IV library, and thus requiring everyone to re-download the entire library. Not going to do it. See my workable fix at http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4326.msg37712#msg37712
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:33:24 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

rgerdes

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »
Finally got the building to show  8) - didn't have to add the content for 4.4 either......
MCX worked.
Bob

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2019, 07:20:27 PM »
. No matter what I tried, the windsock at Kospoix just doesn't display right for me unless I'm fairly close to it and then it pops in. There's definitely a problem with the windsock model as I alluded to previously. Why it works for some and not for others is a mystery to me. So, as a work around for FSX users having the "leaning tower" problem, copy nack_kispiox_windsock.bgl, found in the NAC_Kispiox River_WS_P3D folder to NAC Kispiox River\scenery and overwrite.

I also had the missing textures problem, which is usually caused by duplicate textures or bgl's elsewhere on your system. In my case, I don't have any duplicates and still have non-displaying textures - even though they are right in the texture folder. The only solution I could get to fix the problem was the old "copy the pesky textures to the main texture folder," and it fixed it.

The textures to copy from RTMM Required  FSXP3D Libraries Part IV_2.11.19\Texture to the main texture folder are:
nac_door_kispiox_river.dds
nac_board_ksc.dds

At this point I don't have the time to do anymore troubleshooting on this and am just accepting the workarounds as "good enough" solutions.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:28:38 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 10:27:43 PM »
A for effort Steve I'll look for the two texture files and put them where you say as for the other problem I'll just remove the part iv from the scenery config page, Again thanks for the try

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »
Don't remove or disable the Part IV libraries! You need them. Just copy those textures and bgl files the way I instructed.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 08:10:59 AM »
Steve,

Okay this is strange but I have faith that we'll find a solution.

I also have the two buildings at Bettles not showing textures like the OP showed. I did as suggested but the textures still do not show. I only have one file on my system for each of the four nac texture files you discovered for this building. So no duplicates on those but still showing up black with no textures.

However, there are quite a few other duplicate nac library texture files that I discovered. These are in the texture folders of two required RTMM object libraries installed on my system.

Look inside your RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D\Texture folder and FSXP3D RTMM Libraries Part IV_2.11.19\Texture folder and see if you are also showing duplicates.

Some examples of duplicates of nac textures:

nac_base_1.dds
nac_base_1_lm.dds
nac_base_2.dds
nac_base_2_lm.dds
nac_base_3.dds
nac_base_3_lm.dds
nac_base_4.dds
nac_base_4_lm.dds
nac_base_5.dds
nac_base_5_lm.dds
nac_base_6.dds
nac_base_6_lm.dds
nac_base_7.dds
nac_base_7_lm.dds
nac_base_8.dds
nac_base_8_lm.dds
nac_bb_sharp_cone.dds
nac_bb_welcome.dds
nac_bb_wood.dds

and several others. Please look and see if you're also seeing duplicates inside these two texture folders like I am. Maybe this is why the NAC object is showing on my system as black?

Brad

Dieter

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 09:15:01 AM »
I confirm that the named files and some others nac_xxxx files are duplicate in
RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D\Texture folder and FSXP3D RTMM Libraries Part IV_2.11.19\Texture.
Many greetings
Dieter

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »
Brad,
This forum topic actually evolved into 2 separate issues: Bettles and NAC, which may be a little confusing.

Bettles issue:
So, to confirm, you have the following in RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D\textures, and you copied them to the main texture folder, correct?

nac_airfield_shed.dds
nac_airfield_shed_lm.dds
nac_lumber_dgray.dds
nac_roof_ceramic_old.dds

These are the required textures for those buildings. Since they show up nowhere else on your system, I can't figure out what your issue might be. The buildings display fine for me and others. The OP solved his texture problem, but didn't really say what he did. I don't know if he moved them to the main texture folder or not as a fix.

Not being a P3D user, I've read where clearing your cache and reloading can sometime fix some weird display problems, but I can't confirm this myself. Doug has mentioned this numerous times as well. It would be helpful to know what others see at Bettles, so if anyone else can chime in I'd really appreciate it!

NAC scenery issues:
The duplicate textures you list don't include the ones that I listed above, so there can't be any interference. That being said in order to keep from having duplicate textures hanging around in several places, I'll take a look at things and perhaps redo the Part IV library, remove any duplicates, and reissue it in order to eliminate any confusion or issues that might crop up in the future.

I also should add that anyone who had any of the NAC sceneries installed on before I issued the Part IV library, then they would already have had the textures that you listed on their systems anyway. Food for thought.

I'll keep everyone posted on this, and in the meantime, if someone else can confirm the P3D cache thing, or is having the same missing texture issues, I'd appreciate hearing about it here.

Steve

Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2019, 11:19:16 AM »
Steve,

I’ll try moving those four textures to the main texture folder and report back.

Thanks fo all you do,

Brad

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2019, 12:23:22 PM »
I've sent Doug a new Part IV library to put up. I've removed the duplicate textures that are also contained in the RTMMTwo Object Library. He should have it up sometime today, 3/20/19.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2019, 12:28:45 PM »
When adding or removing scenery, (or when changing/updating GPU drivers), in P3Dv4x best to delete the shader cache folder located in hidden folder:

(C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders)

and as well as the sceneryindexes_x64 folder: located in hidden folder:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64

P3Dv4x will rebuild/configure/optimize new folders for each and shader files as well as new sceneryindexesx64 for your installed scenery and set up upon restart.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^