Author Topic: Refreshed Bettles  (Read 9097 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Refreshed Bettles
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 07:47:04 AM »
Bob,
The date of my autogen.bgl is 9/26/2007, and is 15853kb. Are you using FSX or P3D? Also, look and see if you have another autogen.bgl on your system other than in scenery\global\scenery. (By the way, I'm an FSX user, so the bgl dates may be different because of that.)

Jeff,
I don't know what to tell you. Your screenshot shows the right GUID# for the object in question. Is autogen.bgl in your scenery\global\scenery folder? Does the building object show up for you at Bettles?

Is anyone else missing this building or have missing textures issues? I'm not 100% positive, but I think Brad created the RTMM location, and put it around either an ORBX or a stock airport.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:53:28 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Dieter

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 09:38:13 AM »
I just visited Bettles/PABT. Everything looks like it should (I suppose)
This is P3Dv4.4
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 10:12:11 AM »
     I was missing both of the textures for NAC_airfield_shed and the NAC_roof_ceramic_old as well.  I copied them from other places on my system into the texture folder and now they show correctly.  My agn_farmbunkhouse_1 was showing for me already.   8)

I seem to have two installs of this scenery, because I turned Bettles off in my scenery library, and it still shows.  I turned it off because I noticed the waving guy had two sets of arms, now with it off is only one guy.  I can't find the copy yet.  Will search for it after work.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
Thanks Dieter.

Jeff,
Those textures are included with the Part IV library. If you have that library installed, you should have had them there.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 10:36:48 AM »
Dieter,
It looks like you have some kind of crazy, out of place autogen tile near the big oil tank like I do. I thought it was something goofy on my system, but apparently not.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Dieter

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »
I deactivated scenery \Bettles Lodge and "RTMM SDT PABT Bettles.bgl" from Snow Dogs Tour to see what happens.
This strange autogen tile is still there. So we have to live with that.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 12:05:20 PM »
Must be something in vector, I guess.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
Steve I took the four texture files out of the part iv and everything is in place and as it should be. Now then I went to the three NAC strip Kispiox, Randolph Peak and Sharp Cone to see if it disturbed anything there and had a leaning tower of Piazza at each  strip, when I disallowed the part IV in the scenery list it went away I posted a pic of it Also in slewing around Kisipox the sign over the entrance to the strip has no texture, whether I allow or disallowed part IV The game of whack a mole continues I really don't think my sceneries like the part IV

av8erjm

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 01:23:05 PM »
and a pic of the welcome sign at Kispiox

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 02:22:20 PM »
It's hard for me to see the coordinates in your screenshots, so please post them for me. I'll have a gander when I know exactly where to look without searching around.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

rgerdes

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 02:23:56 PM »
Question for Dieter:
Did you install the P3Dv4.4 content also?
Reason I ask is I decided to reinstall the 4.4 client to see if I had the missing building.
Viola, the building was there, but then noticed I had screwed up and installed the 4.3 client by mistake - when I installed the 4.4 client (I never installed the 4.4 content) and the building is missing again...
So guess the content is needed also?
Anyway, think I'll wait for 4.5 or 5.0 - Bettles isn't that important to me.. :)
Bob

Dieter

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »
Yes I did both:
1. Uninstalled Academic client (4.3)
2. Installed new Academic Client (4.4)
3. Uninstalled Academic Content (4.3)
4. Installed Academic Content (4.4)
Run the installation from the complete unpacked 4.4 version as the . msi installers need other files from the package.

That's done in 5 minutes.

To your problem:
You are using only the new refreshed RTMM scenery files?
Important: did you really delete all former old RTMM installation stuff.
I was wondering you were talking about  a "NAC Library" in one of your postings below. This doesn't exist anymore.
You should also renew all your RTMM libraries and add the new one (RTMM Required FSXP3D Libraries Part IV)
Don't forget to activate every scenery and library folder in scenery.cfg.
Many greetings
Dieter

rgerdes

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
Hi Dieter.
That "FSXP3D nac_library.bgl"
 is found in RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D
Is it not needed?
Bob
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:35:43 PM by rgerdes »

av8erjm

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2019, 04:50:27 PM »
Steve on the first pic us Lat N55* 27.48' Lon W127* 44.64' MAG135 on the second try Lat N55* 27.43' Lon 127* 44.48' Mag 270

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »
OK, I'm having some of the same issues you are at Kispoix with the textures and leaning tower. The leaning tower is a windsock, that when you slew closer to it, the tower disappears. when you get there, it's just hanging in mid air with no pole supporting it. I'm trying to figure out the texture issue and it might take some time because I can't understand what's going on at the moment. Working on it, but due to the time I have right now, it may take me a day or 2 to have an answer - or not!

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support