Author Topic: Coming Soon at Return to Misty Moorings (#3)  (Read 2280 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Coming Soon at Return to Misty Moorings (#3)
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:37:09 AM »
Work is progressing on the update to Misty's Place. Doug and I have been actively working on a lot of things to our home base. Here's some night time lighting I'm working on currently. I wanted to keep Misty's Place in a soft light and not reliant on typical airport lighting with strobes, taxiway lights, etc. So, playing around with things I came upon a really nice effect using some of Steve Weinkamer's excellent lighting effects he created. I'm very happy with these results.

https://imgur.com/a/cQlUM08
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:58:13 AM by Bradallen43 »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Coming Soon at Return to Misty Moorings (#3)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
This new lighting Brad and I have been working on has taken a lot of time and effort, but we are sure you will love the results. You'll have some options as to whether or not you want to use the lighting options. We wanted to keep it "realistic" yet give you more ways to use Misty's Place. Night and dusk/dawn flights are possible, land and water now. Also, in BAD weather, the approach lighting will "punch through" to guide you safely to the runway. We are using Steve's special lights for these effects.

When the new Misty's Place is released, you'll have a whole different "feel" for it. It is basically the same, having the same elements, but it is more spread out...giving you more room on the ramps. Also theo "photoreal" runway/ramp area is much better than what we had before.

The "pull out" (used by many landing float, but climbing up onto the land) has been smoothed so there is no large "hump" to get over. The new runway has a circular turn-around on each end.

And probably the most amazing difference is that Misty's Place now uses Rod Jackson's Season Switcher so you have different things to see in the different seasons.

This will be going out beta to the team shortly, so stay tuned.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 11:44:45 AM »
Wow, the lighting looks really amazing!!!!!

Thank you Brad and Doug for working on the new Misty‘s Place!
Our Homebase gets a new and fresh look! Beautiful!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »
So neat to see my lighting being used so creatively and in action!

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
The "lighting" makes it happen, Steve.  I didn't know we had that goundcover lighting, Brad showed it to me. That one really works well, as do all the others.  We are looking at different "options" for how much lighting people might want. The purists will want it dark (probably to save the turtles or something), others would like just enough light to see after dark, and some want it LIT UP!  We can give them some or all with what we are building.  The lights really make such a difference at dusk/night/dawn. Thank you again!

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 09:00:40 PM »
Those were a real learning experience, and now I'don't remember how I did them, or what I learned!

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 09:01:41 PM »
Wait till you see Misty's Place ... then you'll realize how magical you are! :-)

Teecee

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 11:06:11 AM »
Absolutely stunning..Bring it on..Terry.

Doug

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 11:33:45 AM »
Brad and I are spending a great deal of time on the renewed Misty's Place. This shows you what an addition Steve's lighting is to this project. Here is a screenshot of "dusk" at Misty's Place. I thought you might like an update as to what it is looking like right now ... its coming soon! (Don't forget, you can click on the image for a larger view).

Doug
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:35:24 AM by Doug »