Author Topic: Hovercontrol is closed  (Read 2354 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Hovercontrol is closed
« on: December 10, 2018, 02:14:25 PM »
Today, I learned it’s offical what I feared since a few weeks it will have happened.

The Hovercontrol website is closed!!!!

Founded in 2001, hovetcontrol was for 17 years the one and only dedicated website for helicopter-simulation based on MS Flight simulators. The site was the meeting point for all helosimmers out thete for so many years.

Sadly, it was already quite quiet on the forums there, it‘s now offical that the site closed forever......

:'( :'( :'(

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hovercontrol is closed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Klaus.  They will be missed.   :'( :'(

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 04:15:11 AM »
So sad to finally hear this after about 1-2 years struggling for another lease of life :'( . I recall the times when its handful of tight-knit group of flight instructors and friendly certified pilots with whom I had the privelege of knowing, training and flying with online few years ago when the group was still active..

Hovercontrol was not just the staple of helo simmers and forum afficionados but also the home of well-rounded virtual helo pilots in the flightsim world. They offered the only one-of-a-kind, rigorous Certified Pilot (CP) training and testing program redesigned after the real-world PTS (Practical Test Standards) whom one has to hurdle through written theoritical tests and a practical checkride in order to earn the coveted Certified Pilot title and wings for helicopter simulation.

Hope there will be another site or community that carry the torch or at at least emulate its purpose of serving the interests of the few virtual rotary wing simmers and enthusiasts..some of which happen to be bush pilots too here in RTMM.. :-[ :-\ :'(

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

RCFlyer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »
I too will miss HC.  I had the privilege of flying on HC and obtaining their helicopter pilot CP designation.  The group on HC were indeed a wonderful bunch of helosimmer.

Danny