Author Topic: Any special tasks or missions?  (Read 6320 times)

Walter.Beech

Any special tasks or missions?
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm completely new to the RTMM. The website is so huge, so I might well have missed something. I've installed the libraries, I have found the sceneries. I can't now find that page where there is a list of sceneries with maps and directions how to get there, but this is not the point.

I used to fly in FSEconomy a lot, and it's cool since it gives you a reason to go here or there, but most of the RTMM strips are unlisted in FSEconomy. Does RTMM has it's own set of missions or tasks to fly?

See, at this point it seems insane to install all the RTMM sceneries, so tasks or missions would give me a general direction on what sceneries to start with...

Ilya

Walter.Beech

Re: Any special tasks or missions?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »
Okay, I've found the dispatches thing. I guess that's what I need...

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »
Welcome Walter / Ilya

Go to the Here to There Tab- Then to to the GO To Table: http://return.mistymoorings.com/here2there_table/index.php

First get yourself the RTMM_Flight_Plans.zip from that page which has over 700 flight plans to RTMM locations.
There is a map for each flight right from this page also there is the Misty Flying Club (MFC) which has all of these flights plus 25 tours in Alaska/RTMM Territory and am adding more content: Tours/excursions each month, so there is always lots to fly.

Welcome again Walter and enjoy flying in the the ruggedness of these scenic lands. If you stuck with anything just give a holler: there are lots of people here that will lend a helping hand. 

Norm

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:23:08 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

simurq

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »
Welcome to Misty Moorings, Walter!

Your best bet is to visit Here2There page, where you can get all the info needed to explore the vast Alaska wilderness or to grab a copy of Google Earth KMZ map, which shows all RTMM locations/sceneries released so far. The map is divided into separate coverage areas based on relevant Orbx sceneries to give you a clue which sceneries to download and fly first.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the Misty Moorings!
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »
I'm not sure his name is Walter, just his username.  He signed the name Ilya. 

So ... Welcome to Return to Misty Moorings, Ilya.  It sounds like you're finding things ok.  But ask if you need help.  I guess you already did that.  Check out the Misty Flying Club also.  That will give you more "reasons" to fly.

Jeff

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

bawheeler

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »
Ilya - Welcome! When I first started, it was overwhelming trying to decide where to go.  I decided to randomly work though the alphabet on the GoTo Table. I started with all flights beginning with certain letters and have only completed 5.5 letters!).  However, that's 166 flights so far and it has taken me to all parts of RTMM. I also joined the Misty Flying Club and that gives some alternative missions. I like doing both types of flights (RTMM & MFC)  through the club as that way I get "credit" for them all and it keeps track of my stats.

See what scenery you need in the table or the MFC tour guide and get that squared away first.  You don't need to download all RTMM scenery, just grab scenery as needed for each flight or tour and keep building your library. The USFS cabins and lighthouses are a great place to start.  Brian
MFC0074 -- MSFS on a Dell Alienware Aurora R7, 3.7GHz Intel Core i7 8700K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo flight controls, CH Pedals

Walter.Beech

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 04:31:41 PM »
Wow, guys! I have been away from RTMM for a couple of days...  ;D

Thank you, thank you everyone for your advice! It looks I'm starting to find my way around, although you guys were right — the amount of scenery and routes you have here is overwhelming! It is good to see that there are some RTMM sceneries for the Pacific Northwest, which is the most familiar to me. I decided to start from there and then work my progress towards Alaska. I'm also going to try the "dispatch" routes since they make some good story along with flight plans.

It is also good to see that RTMM is a really friendly community!

P. S.: the real name is Ilya, but Walter is okay, too :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 04:34:58 PM by Walter.Beech »

Walter.Beech

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »
The USFS cabins and lighthouses are a great place to start.
Thanks, Brian! Will definitely check them out!

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 07:48:57 AM »
You might want to try  a TripTicket if you’d like to read a little narration along the way.

Doug

Walter.Beech

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 08:38:13 AM »
You might want to try  a TripTicket if you’d like to read a little narration along the way.
Right, Doug! I've found out about Trip Tickets today and I'll give it a try. It's a good way to learn about the area for myself.