Author Topic: Getting Caught Up  (Read 2915 times)

Rangerick

Getting Caught Up
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »
P3D V4.1 has been running so well that I haven't bothered to apply any of the updates prior to V4.4

"If it 'ain't Broke... Don't Fix it"

Thinkin' maybe it might be time to Update from P3D V4.1 to V4.4 ?

Am I correct in assuming that V4.4 includes all previous updates and I am OK to just add the individual components ?

Thanks in advance !

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Getting Caught Up
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 02:29:25 PM »
Yup you can go right to 4.4 but as per other RTMM forums on the subject be careful.

If you update the Client to 4.4: no issue. (uninstall 4.3 client, install 4.4 client).

If you update the content to 4.4: Content update: The Beechcraft airplanes from 4.3 are not replaced in 4.4 (but if you make a backup copy of them first then you can put them right back in after you have done the 4.4 content update. (uninstall 4.3 content, install 4.4 content).

If you have lots of custom scenery - IE: Orbx + RTMM _ ?? wouldn't bother doing any 4.4 default scenery update cause that will reset your scenery back to default.

But if you do the 4.4 scenery part  or the full 4.4 install you'll have to re-set up all your scenery but hey, if you know the drill on this and want to rebuild all your custom scenery then go for it. If not, don't. And just update to the 4.4 the client or the client and content.

Refer to:
Links: How to: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522254-ftx-orbx-scenery-prepar3d-updating-reinstalling-troubleshooting/

and

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/545919-first-reactions-to-p3dv44/

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Rangerick

Re: Getting Caught Up
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 10:55:01 AM »
Thanks Norm !

Much appreciated.