Author Topic: Wolf Creek Boathouse is where?  (Read 2226 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Wolf Creek Boathouse is where?
« on: November 18, 2018, 01:34:24 PM »
 :-[ :'(     Please help me.  I can't find Wolf Creek Boathouse (WCB) anywhere.  I am suppose to stop at it in leg 5 of tour 4, but where is it?  I have no waypoints on my flightplan, only departure/arrival.  I am going over the documents for the flight, but no clues yet.  I've googled Wolf Creek, but got nothing in my flight area, only Fairbanks area.  No search results in RTMM or GoTo searches either.   :-\ :'(

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Wolf Creek Boathouse is where?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 02:01:15 PM »
Tour 4: Leg - 5   - Cape Pole (Z71)    Via Wolf Creek Boathouse (WCB) to Ketchikan SPB (5KE).

Wolf Creek Boathouse, alike all mid-point locations this tour is an optional stop as per the tour docs.
If it was a required stop-over would show this in the Cigar Box route box as Stop-over at Wolf Creek Boathouse. (Wolf Creek Boathouse is part of Hollis Harbor scenery)

"All are Water Moorings if you decide to land at any of these POI locations"

If you load the FP, you will see it as a waypoint or in Plan G it is a searchable location in the FIND "User Waypoint".  Plan G pic of this FP appended.

Norm

PS for all: P3Dv4.3 has a bug where it won't load all FP waypoints on first load of a FP but just the departure and destination ICAO). To see all the way-points of a FP you have load that FP a second time for all the way-points to show up or populate on that FP.  (This is a P3Dv4.3 BUG and is on the list to be fixed in the next P3D release.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:12:48 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »
Thank you.  That bug got me.  :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »
Thank you.  That bug got me.  :P

I have been experiencing this bug, and thought I might write down some observations I've noticed.  If I load a flight plan and click OK, loading it into the sim with only departure/destination showing, the sim will save that state of the now corrupt plan.  Then, loading the same plan again does nothing.  It pops up a message that the current plan has changed, and would I like to save those changes?  I say "NO" and attempt to reload the flight plan again but it does not correct itself.  No matter how many times I reload it.
     The "trick" with the workaround of loading the fp twice is to load it once, but don't accept it.  Press Load again, and select the same fp again.  Then when you come out the waypoints SHOULD re-populate, and you can press "OK" to accept the correctly displaying flightplan.
     I've spent quite some time trying to figure this out.  That's because if you accept the corrupt fp it is saved to the sim that way.  I had to re-install a fresh copy of the flight plans to get the waypoints back.  I hope this helps someone else.   :-\