Author Topic: CTD  (Read 3933 times)

av8erjm

CTD
« on: November 12, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
Anyone have an idea, I am proceeding on a leg and if I hit shift F10 for the kneeboard the sim crashes on me Is it a conflict with the cigar box or something else

poppet

Re: CTD
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:40:21 PM »
Hello

What Sim are you using ?

Maybe the Logbook.bin file has become corrupt

Do you see this file at the location below ?

C:\ Users \You \ AppData \ Roaming \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D - Logbook.bin

Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files \ - Logbook.bin

Click and move this file to your desktop,  Then launch Prepar3D \ FSX and test 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:44:42 PM by poppet »
Elaine Dixon

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 10:15:58 AM »
Sorry I using FSX, this problem only happens when I'm flying a tour leg with the cigar box open, if I'm flying w/o using the cigar box everything works as advertised. but I will try what your say later today and get back to you

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:32:54 AM »
Cigar box has it's own pilots logbook which is able display your flights within Cigar Box but it draws this  information from the MFC site and from not your sim. Never heard or a conflict between the Sim logbook and acars (but hey nothing would be a surprise.)

Check to make sure that you are running both FSX and Cigar Box as administrator. 

Give it a test.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:35:42 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 04:10:19 PM »
Well I removed the log bin file went into the sim, got everyone wired for sound took off from Gilbert Bay as I was climbing out I opened the kneeboard that was OK,  clicked on the Nav Log page and CTD. No biggey I just thought if someone had an answer good but if not it's not insurmountable

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »
Still looking Jim but here is a forum that might help:   

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/457668-ctdkneeboardnav-log/

(Night also be a FSX Logbook Recovery tool in the AVSIM Library - see that forum post.

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:03 PM »
OK what I have done, I removed the logbook files I have run the log book exe to look at the log book file and fix, it said it didn't find any thing wrong. On another tact w/o d/l a flite pln I opend the kneeboard and clicked on the nav log and no CTD, I then just entered alt/f/p entered two airports and let the FSX flite planner do its thing  sitting at PAHN opened the kneeboard again and clicked on the nav log and no CTD. Now I went back into the flite planner and added my own WP to the NDB saved it and then opened the kneeboard clicked on nav log and got the CTD and had to restart, so something is corrupted in the FSX program, Nor was I connected to the Cigar Box. one other thing that's unusual that I hadn't noticed before, next to the nav log button there is a  button sayin' messages, I click on that and there is still messages on a flite I took months ago that were still there on a IFR flight I made.

On the avsim site they were talking about C++ programs and I don't want to mess with those and dig myself a deeper hole. At this point there is a corruption somewhere in FSX but IMHO it's not woth removing the ACCEL pkg and do a restore/repair and then have to put in all the addon scenery and ORBX and then have to go thru all the aircraft and see which ones I have to reinstall, one big pain in arse

av8erjm

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
question for Norm or anyone else on this CTD I'm havin'.  The problem seems to be in the msvcr80.dll, so my quandary is do I try one of the numerous ''fix'' sites, or solution 2 reinstall C++2005 from Microsoft.  One other solution which is more like a bandaid  is once in FSX and your in the aircraft, if you enlarge the kneeboard all the way the navlog seems to work OK, not sure how this bypasses the problem but it does. I know it's not a RTMM problem, but I would be interested in any opinions anyone would have if the choice was theirs Thanks in advance Jim

nbrich1

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »
Probably the best thing would be to Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ run it. This should  replace/restore the msvcr80.dll with the most recent copy provided by Microsoft. Just install for your version of OS version bit then restart your computer. Hopefully all will be good.

av8erjm

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
Norm when you say the latest C++ folder I see there are serval, but the msvcr80.dll  from what I can understand is in the C++ 2005  or should I load the C++ 2018 version, this is all new territory and I need vectors

nbrich1

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
Yes, I had to do an C ++ update not too long ago as well: put in all of the versions from oldest to newest.

I got download: (x64: vc_redist.x64.exe is for 64bit apps and also the x86 version for 32bit apps for each year or package.  So did them all (x64 and x86 from Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 up to Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017.

Visual C++ are libraries/runtime components that are required and run in-behind your explorer. (You never see them until your system needs the files.
Am suspecting you require a fresh install of the C ++ 2005 version but sure doesn't hurt to put them all in for any apps that will require them. 

Page Link: For 2017-2008 versions:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Page Link: For 2005 C++  (X86): https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=3387

Norm
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:40:05 PM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
Thanks for the vectors I'll get started when I get back tonite