Author Topic: Could not start flight, said plane was not on ground 5KE  (Read 1852 times)

Lazyeight

Could not start flight, said plane was not on ground 5KE
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:36:19 PM »
This morning I loaded up the Barnstorming flight MFC0005. I loaded in the Beaver Amphib at 5KE which is a water landing. I taxied out to the water area and shut down the engine. Opened Cigar Box and all looked fine. Clicked Start Flight and get a message that "Airplane is not on the ground" I shut everything down and ran the FTX Central 3 opened settings and ran Configure FTX Global Vector thinking the elevation was off. Fired up P3Dv4 and set up the flight again. Airplane not on the ground. I went ahead and flew the flight just for fun and no credit.

Can anyone offer help? Everything in Cigar Box looks fine and the flight downloaded just fine.

Lazyeight

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Could not start flight, said plane was not on ground 5KE
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:20:53 PM »
Maybe losd up same flight.. and taxi to other end of the runway and try cigar box again.. sounds like a sim glitch.. just make sure that tiu are running the sim as well at cigar box as administrator.

Not home today to check stuff or help more  but give that a try Buddy.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Lazyeight

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
Norm, Saturday afternoon and I had a few minutes to give it a shot and no go. Still airplane is not on the ground.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 07:40:04 PM »
Ok buddy..  firstly try another flight. Ie: A single flight starting at a different location and see if cigar boz works.. run cigar box as administrator. If no go it's the box. But try it also this way: temporarily turn off anti virus and re test that flight.  If a no go uninstall the cigar box and reinstall it and set again to run as administrator. Will try you tomorrow if you might be around.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:14:43 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^