Author Topic: RTMM Placement  (Read 2711 times)

Doc_Z

RTMM Placement
« on: October 24, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »
I can't find an answer to this, although I'm sure its been answered.  Should by RTMM sceneries and Libraries go below other add-on scenery?  I know Tongass goes below FTX and the RTMM things above FTX, but should they be above or below other scenery or doesn't it matter.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: RTMM Placement
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:17:28 PM »
Yup very recent: just did a large post about half way down with pics here: LINK: 
http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4159.0. The post kinda explains all of it.

Also in the getting started section - See Step Tables 1 through 8 (The scenery order is on Step Table 8 )
Direct LINK to Step Table 8:  http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#8

Also at MFC, each tour has a download with a scenery document which tells all about the scenery orders of RTMM, Tongass, FTX etc).

Norm

(I guess we were typing at the same time Rod..lol)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:27:01 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »
See Step Table #8 under Getting Started which talks about Scenery Library Order.   (Link to Getting Started is below)

http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php

Rod

Doc_Z

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:34:06 PM »
Neither of those answer my question.  I know the order of placing Tongass and the RTMM Libs and the sceneries.  My question is should the RTMM sceneries go above or below other add on scenery?
 Like this:
Add-ons
RTMM
RTMM Libs
FTX

or RTMM
Add-ons
RTMM Libs
FTX

Or does it matter.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »
Not a clear or easy answer here Doc. Usually it would make no difference but that is > IF another 3rd party add-on scenery is for a totally different area or coverage location other than RTMM or anywhere else that you already have add-on scenery installed depending on the scenery and where it is supposed to be placed in the scenery order.

Now it gets real interesting when you have more than one add-on scenery for a single area or the same location that is within coverage of another sceneries location, airport, or area that you already have installed: (IE: Two sceneries for the same area or airport), then regardless of "over or under" they MAY conflict and reversing "Over or under" make no difference - they will still conflict!!. 

In these cases, you have to look at the location with both sceneries. Two or more sceneries for an area might actually compliment each other but more often than not they will probably conflict in one way or another (IE: overlapping buildings, or elevation issues) land covered by water or vise versa so there is no clear "blanket" answer until you test these duplicate sceneries that cover a single area/location if you have any in your system. 

Now if you don't have any duplicate scenery, then the easy answer is really doesn't matter (as long as 3rd party addon scenery entries are above FTX (with a few exceptions- IE: Some of the FSAddons) and a few others) - Not exactly clear as mud - but others might have opinion on this so please chime in.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 05:06:38 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doc_Z

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 04:57:23 PM »
OK,  thanks.  As you say, clear as mud :) I'm not positive, but I don't think I have any conflicting airports. I'll see what happens.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »
     Just remember that the scenery library loads into the sim from bottom to top.  So each "layer" is added on top of the previous entry.  The higher scenery will load last, replacing or covering previously loaded objects in the same location. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 10:52:20 PM »
Doc, at the risk of beating a dead horse, here's how mine is laid out:

RTMM Sceneries
Other 3rd Party Sceneries
Libraries
OZx Entries (if you have OZx)
Tongass
ORBX Open LC Entries (if you have it)
Edwards AFB down to
Africa
FSGlobal 2010 Mesh Entries (if you have it), and then
ORBX Vector Entries (if you have Vector)

Hope that simplifies things.
                     jsapair
Jsapair