Author Topic: Discord and FSCloud  (Read 2971 times)

rritter

Discord and FSCloud
« on: October 07, 2018, 06:13:08 PM »
Hi,
I just discovered MFC, downloaded and installed everything, flying on VATSIM and  never used Discord or FSCloud before, looks somewhat confusing.
How about organizing a meeting some time with a few people to test multiplayer and voice and make sure everything is configured correctly. Will be fun to fly and chat with other RTMM fans.

dbutterf

Re: Discord and FSCloud
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 08:18:23 PM »
Good idea  :)
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

BBQSteve

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:13:11 AM »
You have probably noticed by now, there does not seem to be much interest in group flights yet. I fly every day with my joinfs running and teamspeak. If you would like to join a group of old guys flying, lrt me know and I will give you the needed info to join us. We don't always fly together, but we do yack some.

rritter

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
Hi BBQSteve,

I noticed, sure would like to join a group of old guys to fly together from time to time. Just wondering when, since we're probably not all on the same time zone, I'm living in France...but we should find a time slot anyway.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 01:38:06 PM »
I'm usually on Vatsim & FSCloud when I'm in the air and also keep Discord on albeit have been away for most of the summer but am back now for most of the fall & winter. Will keep an eye out for you guys.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

RCFlyer

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »
I fly most days, but, I use JoinFS on Digital Theme Park, and, TS3.  I haven't used FSCloud much at all.  I have nothing against it, just normally use JoinFS and DTP.  Really don't care for Discord.  I have it installed and can use it.

Danny

nbrich1

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 12:32:22 PM »
I think we have gone through this discussion before in great debate but in addition to being on different Time Zones, getting together will never ever work if all are on different/various multi-clients/servers and different comms channels/systems.

We previously have set up FSCloud for the multi-client (which is easy/peasy) and has it's own built-in mapping system and we also set up a Discord server for Comms which is also very easy (and free unlike TS3) and has far more features than both TS3 and Skype combined and also has the ability for drag-n-drop  attachment capability for file transfers between parties or groups etc.- with voice channels as well as multiple channels for voice, text- video, picture posting etc etc etc.

(In all fairness to others for not using FSCloud or Discord, many have been away most of the summer and have not been on FSCloud and Discord very much in the last 3 months but fall/winter is upon us and hopefully more will be around (if they want to fly together.)

"Getting together" won't ever work if all are on different systems so please pick one multi-client/and one channel and pick one comms system/server - (or the fore mentioned- since both those are already setup and ready to go) as that is the only way to get everyone together to even be able to set up something or even a few pilots to be able to fly together. 

Norm
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:16:30 PM by nbrich1 »

BBQSteve

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 01:18:57 PM »
Don't take this personal Norm, but if I recall the little discussion on this topic there were more for JoinFS for obvious reasons and TeamSpeak. You say Discord has more features than TS, but that isn't exactly so. True you can"t post local pictures unless you upload them in TS, but if you use the free printscr service you can. TS has a file storage/retrieval system that works well. FDHost is nowhere even close to JoinFS, period.

Now as far as utilization, I know of only one or two flight ventures since implementation. I fly daily on my JoinFS, with or without anyone else. This can also be used while flying alone or in groups, joiners choice. I'm not in competition, just offering a regular daily choice.

I was just up on Discord, saw four of us online, but no one in the chatrooms.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:25:50 PM by BBQSteve »

nbrich1

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »
Hey, no problem at all Steve was just saying that if we don't use the same multi-client and same comms we'll never be able to get together. As far as which multi-client and which comms - doesn't really matter much when it comes to the multi-client - JoinFS or FSCloud or FSHost or ?

All of these multi-clients are easy but in JoinFS and FSHost someone has to setup their PC to run a server session to enable all the clients to work Like you have) or use a common server like DTP which Danny mentioned). Either is fine but neither JoinFS or FSHost has a proper map which shows where all pilots are located in a glance whereas FSCloud has it's own built-in mapping screens (several different map views) each of which show all the flyers on the entire network and also has its own comms system via radio or group text or direct text if any wanted to use it. but all to say is that we all have to be on the same page and all have to made party to know about it and it can't be a changeable server from day to day. Has to be consistent.

In the same regard for comms, there is really only the TS3 or Discord option for two or more. (Skype for two works but really not practical for more than 2 but does have some nice drag and drop small file transfers where really TS3 doesn't).TS3 is clear voice and works well.  Have used them all but found Discord better only because of it added features and capability of having multiple text and voice channels under one server and file transfer by simple drag n drop and voice channels are crystal clear.. But both TS3 and work fine for comms. (But now who might setup a server on TS3? (which is Pay). (Or could use a common room on a common server like DPT on TS3 if it's available). Anyways personally find Discord better in that regard as the personal server is free and multiple channels can be set up just as the MFC Discord server, Buffalo, OZx and a pile of other Flight sim Comms servers.

Again it doesn't really matter as long as it works and all are made party.

Yup I just fired up my Discord cause I was planning to do a quick fly... (I saw you were on the Buffalo Airways voice channels with the BAG guys..lol.  but saw two other guys on the MFC server (but not in a chat room so didn't join a voice channel - cause I was typing this stuff and not flying..lol.)

Anyways all of this to say whatever works when I have the time.. as long as I know what comms and what client. (Right now we have publicized for MFC - Discord(MFC Server) and FSCloud). If other are using something else that other don't know about well then it's like two ships passing in the night fog - never to see each other. lol.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:10:06 PM by nbrich1 »

BBQSteve

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »
My TS3 server supports up to 32 people and runs 24/7, more than we have members I believe and probably way more than we will ever see at one time. My JoinFS could also run 24/7 if needed. Just say'n.