Author Topic: Can't find Staney Creek Cabin  (Read 1891 times)

jstanbro

Can't find Staney Creek Cabin
« on: September 27, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
I'm flying tour number 3 and trying to locate and land at all of the scenery locations in each route.  So far so good, except I can't find Staney Creek Cabin (near Klawock and Nichin Bay).  I've gone to where Plan-G says it is, put its coordinates from the RTMM Cabins page into the map, and looked where the RTMM flight plan (Klawock to Staney Creek Cabin) says it is, but it ain't.

There is a screen shot of the cabin linked from the RTMM Cabins page, so I know that it exists, and it must be something with my setup.  Does anyone have any clue what is going on?  This is the first USFS cabin/shelter that I haven't been able to find and it's making me a little nuts - just a little.

All that I have found that looks suspicious is this line sticking out in the water where the RTMM flight plan says the cabin's dock might be. I'll try to attach a screenshot of it.

Thanks for any advice,

Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Can't find Staney Creek Cabin
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 05:31:30 PM »
I guess Jerry the first obvious question would be if you have the RTMM Staney Creek Cabin scenery piece installed but am assuming you do.. (but if not get the Staney Creek Cabin scenery piece. (S) )

Next would be scenery order. RTMM scenery should be at the top of the list *and no other BC/Alaska/Yukon add-ons above the RTMM add-ons.  (and also check that your insertion points are set correct in FTX/ORBX)

Finally, if you are using any Mesh, turn it off and test to be able to see that Staney Creek Cabin.

Staney Creek Cabin is 2.9 nm SE of Nichin Cove (AK62) and the cabin is sitting on a bank so it is well out of the water. Pics appended.

Norm
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:02:38 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jstanbro

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 05:40:59 PM »
Well Norm, thanks so much for your reply.  I am more than a little embarrassed to report that, no, I don't have the Staney Creek Cabin scenery installed... I had just forgotten that there was a scenery for this cabin, although I had previously downloaded it but hadn't gotten around to installing it.  I don't have time to install  it right now, but I'm sure that's the problem, and I'll get it sorted out after we get back from dinner.

Thanks again,
Jerry

"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »
Indeed that would be the problem. Glad that missing problem is a very easy one to fix.

Have fun at the cabin: they have a campfire going and a couple of canoes out if you like canoeing.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^