Author Topic: Unable to use Cigar Box  (Read 2021 times)

simondix

Unable to use Cigar Box
« on: September 27, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
For some reason the drive where I have Cigar Box has become corrupted and I cannot use it.  It is also not allowing me to install Cigar Box on another drive.  When I tried to file a manual report/PIREP for a leg of the Short Fields Glacier Tour it would not accept it as it stated the flight number was wrong.  Can someone assist or advise please.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Unable to use Cigar Box
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 05:03:05 PM »
Ok Simon:

In your case, the real issue here may be that "the DRIVE that you have Cigar Box (and anything else) has become corrupted and you cannot use it"). If indeed the HDD is damaged, that is most likely the cause of all the problems. (You may have to disconnect that drive or format it before any software will properly work again).

Also If you running windows (any version) - go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Scroll down to   Cigar Box > Select and Uninstall. If a no go - Try this: delete the  FS-Products\Cigar Box  folder/files (wherever it is on your PC.)  If unable to do this, indeed your drive may be dead or format corrupt.

So troubleshoot the drive itself and/or your PC system in an effort to get that drive functioning again if it's possible. Might have to format it - but try to get any data off the drive before formatting.  If unable to format, check your connections in your computer: sata cable/ power cable to the drive - disconnect those cables to the HDD and re-seat them. etc then check the drive again to see it can be formatted.

Norm

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:14:46 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

simondix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 09:13:10 AM »
Thanks for that.  Already tried the delete but it wont let me.  I am not savvy enough to start mucking about inside the PC with wires etc, so will have a word with PC man and get him to look.  I will stick to flights at the moment I do not need cigar box for tillI can get it fixed.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:55:27 AM »
Refer to RTMM Topic - Cigar box problem: (Page 2)

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3981.15
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 01:24:47 PM »
Simon,
If your drive is in fact corrupt and unusable, simply reformat it.  Yes, it will remove all the data contained, but if you can't use it, nothing is lost.  If the drive formats them the drive is mechanically sound and should be back to it's old self.

Cigar box can be placed on any drive you choose, and in fact could be installed multiple times using different paths/directories/drives.

There is no need to go inside the case unless you want to add (or subtract) a drive.

Henry
Misty Moorings Team