Author Topic: Wilson River Lodge  (Read 7470 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Wilson River Lodge
« on: March 26, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »
Wilson River Lodge, the 50th RTMM scenery, is another jewel from the MIsty`s Team!
Thank you guys! It´s an impressive scenery at a nice location.

I came in from Little Oliver Creek today and was totally impressed!
Decided to land my littlebird in the garden and stay there for while. 8)

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

archangel1

Re: Wilson River Lodge
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »
Looks like a nice place.  I never realized that the little Hughes was flown from the left seat rather than the usual right.  Interessant!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:57:28 PM »
Dex Thomas just sent us a link to a beautiful video he made of Wilson River Lodge. It takes a while to download, click on it, and get a cup of coffee ... but a beautiful vid to see. You can find it in the gallery under videos Wilson River.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
Yes, it`s a very nice place.

The civil MD500`s are flown normally from the left seat. As far as I know only the military variants are flown from the right Cockpit`s site. The Nemeth`s MD500 Defender is basically a military layout with an additional civil paintscheme. So it is flown from the Right Cockpit.

To represent more accurat the civil variants, I changed the Viewpoints in the aircraft.cfg to represent a left seat pilot`s view. The Nemeths modeled a Pilot`s figure in the Heli. This Pilot sits on the right cockpit seat and cannot be changed. But you see this guy only when viewing the outside models. So as I´m flying only from insde the VC, it is O.K. for me.

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

archangel1

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »
Aha! That explains it! Thanks.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »
Dex Thomas just sent us a link to a beautiful video he made of Wilson River Lodge. It takes a while to download, click on it, and get a cup of coffee ... but a beautiful vid to see. You can find it in the gallery under videos Wilson River.

Very Beautiful Video!! Thanks to Dex! 8)

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 10:29:48 AM »
Gotta love Misty Flying and that sweet paint by Chris.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »
I get a 404 error trying to get Dex's video from the gallery.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:28:18 PM »
I'm getting a 404 on it too. We'll have to see if Dex can repost it or something. That was a great video. I pulled the link out of the gallery for now.

D

fltsimguy

Re: Wilson River Lodge - location bar at bottom of screenshot
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 12:41:29 PM »
Anyone viewing this set of screenshots, I am wondering how to place have the location information bar at the bottom of the screenshot, I have always wanted to be able to do that and have no clue.
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

GrahamP

Re: Wilson River Lodge - location bar at bottom of screenshot
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 02:05:49 PM »
Anyone viewing this set of screenshots, I am wondering how to place have the location information bar at the bottom of the screenshot, I have always wanted to be able to do that and have no clue.

Add it with a paint programme?
Graham

fltsimguy

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »
I thought it was some program or some feature that didn't require an intermediate program.  I guess its painted in there with transparency. 
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

archangel1

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 05:49:20 PM »
I would think it would be an available function in FSX.  I can't see a simmer sitting there recording all that data, particularly the height, on a piece of paper simply to edit it into a photo.

Since I don't have FSX up and running yet, I can't test this but, where does the Shift+Z toggle (Cycle Coordinates/Frame Rate) display? If it's not in that corner, is it undockable/editable to enable it to be placed in that position? Just a thought.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
I would think it would be an available function in FSX.  I can't see a simmer sitting there recording all that data, particularly the height, on a piece of paper simply to edit it into a photo.

Since I don't have FSX up and running yet, I can't test this but, where does the Shift+Z toggle (Cycle Coordinates/Frame Rate) display? If it's not in that corner, is it undockable/editable to enable it to be placed in that position? Just a thought.

Nope on the CTRL Z it is fixed and uneditable.  If you want to put labels on screenshots it depends on the program you use.  I use IrfanView and you can do all types of things to your screen shots but I'm lazy and usually just post em' as is.
I've said it since it came on the market and IMHO FSX is an unfinished, buggy, cantankerous, and flawed program.  M$ rushed it to market and then for their own reasons closed the ACES studio and canned all the folks working on the sim before they had the opportunity to complete it.

8)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:36:02 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 06:43:14 AM »
Personally I think screenshots look better without that labelling, especially with some that you might otherwise think were a photograph. The labelling sort of spoils the illusion.  But that's just my opinion.
Graham