Author Topic: Missing File in Through Glacier Zip  (Read 3277 times)

Rangerick

Missing File in Through Glacier Zip
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »

Instructions say to put the  "PF03 ADEX KG Alt"  file into World Scenery... but it's not part of the downloaded ZIP.

P.S.   RTMM is the best...  GREAT Job Folks !!!!!

Rick / Manitoba

GrahamP

Re: Missing File in Through Glacier Zip
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
Welcome to RTMM :)

This is due to the generic readme maybe not being quite generic enough in some respects.

As I understand it, "PF03_ADEX_KG_ALT.BGL" is nothing to do with Through Glacier.  This file was actually included in the Kitsault Gold Mine download.

However, it is one of three files that are no longer required.  the other two are:
"PF01_ADEX_KG_ALT.BGL", which was for Khutzeymateen River Bear View Lodge.
"PF02_ADEX_KG_ALT.BGL", which was for Nisga's Glacial Lake Lodge.

Kim included these three files intially then realised they are not required.  See this thread for more explanation:  http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=224.msg1461#msg1461
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:24:48 PM by GrahamP »
Graham

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 01:15:43 AM »
Thanks for that Graham.  I still had two of them and not have cleaned my house up a bit.    ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
Oooops... I missed this...

Mea Culpa folks - thinking it was a "template", I used the "basic" readme and only changed the intro and storyline. I didn't realise we had to edit all the way down as well. I see we need a fix...

In the meantime, it is basically the same procedure for every addon scenery file:

1. unzip to a new location
2. move/copy the [name of scenery] folder to "addon scenery"
3. activate scenery in FSX library
4. if the authors have added any effects and sound files - it is best to open any "effects" or "sound" folders in the unzip and move the files (as opposed to the folder) individually or as a group.

Fortunately for me, the "Through Glacier" addon is only a single folder that needs moving.

Sorry all.

All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)