Author Topic: Installing Tongass Fjords into P3Dv4  (Read 3721 times)

Timmy74

Installing Tongass Fjords into P3Dv4
« on: September 03, 2018, 06:55:59 AM »
Hello Chaps,

I have read ALL the entries regarding installing Tongass Fjords in to P3dv4 but now where does it say that I need to use "Migration Tool" at all!?  Do I need to use this product or can one just install Tongass Fjords straight into P3Dv4?!

Also in your FAQ section under "Moving Tongass Fjords from P3Dv3 to V4 there are no likes to the suggested "Lorbi Addon Organiser"!?  What is it and do I need it?

I am asking here before I take the plunge becasue I am finding that the instructions to getting Tongass Fjords to work in P3Dv4 is guite daunting and a little all over the place.   Is there a "step by step" guide at all?

Thank you for any assistence
Cheers,
Tim.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Installing Tongass Fjords into P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 07:37:42 AM »
Tim,

Please read and use this very thorough guide that will explain step by step how to accomplish this in P3D v4.3 You will need to take your time because it does involve some parts that might seem difficult but they're not that hard if you just go slowly and carefully.

The first part of this process was put together by our team here at RTMM and is about removing some old AI vehicle models that will cause the new P3D version to crash to desktop. The next parts involve installation, setting up Tongass Fjords inside your simulator correctly and then moving and editing text entries in your terrain.cfg file to make the waters of Tongass Fjords appear correctly.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491556-installing-tongass-fjords-x-prepar3d-v3-v4/

Good luck and come back here for help if you need it. We've had to do this ourselves so we can make sure you get things right.

Brad
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:46:07 AM by Bradallen43 »

Timmy74

Re: Installing Tongass Fjords into P3Dv4
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 08:41:39 PM »
Hello Brad,

That is exactly what i am after. Thank you very much for that link.  I will go over it with a fine tooth comb and get back to you if I encounter any issues.

It is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim.