Author Topic: flight plans not loading into FSX  (Read 2288 times)

av8erjm

flight plans not loading into FSX
« on: August 12, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
OK what am I doing wrong, I load the flight plans so the cigar box can see them, no problems, but in trying to load them into the FSX flight plan folder, when I try access them they wont pull up, so I've been just flying SOP, more or less from departure to destination. Is there something in a config file that needs to be changed to accept them?? OK I notice others are having the same problem I'm having, I also am using FSX Acceleration with Win 7
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:50:40 PM by av8erjm »

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: flight plans not loading into FSX
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:24:13 PM »
Weird Jim.. might be a Windows 10 vs win 7 Thingy.. might be winrar version. Try unzipiing and put in plan g then export them on your PC then try them in your sim to see if they will load. Most don't have this prob.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:22:54 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »
I'm in the process of doing that, haven't used Plan G in quite some time so it's another relearning process. also I will be away from the flight sim from the 16 until sometime in SEP, don't know if that's a problem with the cigar box program

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 12:22:15 PM »
No problem Jim.. in the mean time you can try any planner your familiar..

When I get home will try to recompress the files .. like I honestly don't know why they load for most but don't for a few fsx users but will work on it.

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »
OK Nrm here is what I've done, I put the fight plan into Plan G and then click  on save as and what I've put into the flight plan name I put mfc00027.pln and then export to the FSX light plans with all the other and it seemed to work correctly. Maybe you have an idea why it works, because I haven't got a clue

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »
Ok Jim it might be a issue of the compression program to create the zip but looking closer might be the FP itself being a different version of the AceXML (Document type) that might be preventing FSX from loading it up in the sim:

IE: FP Format:

SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">   

vs SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="4,1">  (my system)

I had originally thought it might be a difference of compression program but maybe Plan G or the FP aceXML format themselves in the 64bit OS as compared to a 32bit OS. Not sure but will try to work on this.. I am running windows 10 64bit.

Now when you load on your own PC:  load up the fp from the zip then "save as" or export in your own Plan G - that would change the format of the FP to match the acexml type version of the FP document that you have in your own FSX install or OS which it uses to load the FP in your sim and it loads. THis might be the difference between the newer P3D vs the older FSX.

I usually create the tour fp in plan G, then compress those FP, the tour docs, the award graphics etc into a standard zip file. Most don't have any issue opening or loading in the sim. Anyways when I get home will try to work on this Jim - or if anyone else out there might know for sure please feel free to chime in.

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »
I'm running win 7 64 bit don't if that adds fuel to the fire or not or if any of the others are running the same. Anyway as with all things in life, there is usually a work around

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 05:35:37 PM »
I am afraid I can't add much here as I don't use Plan G but you  might check the file structure after you have uncompressed things......making sure that the files end in .pln AND that you are importing them to the correct destination. The most usual problems are uncompressing (Only use winZip or win RAR) and importing to the incorrect destination.

Henry
Misty Moorings Team