Author Topic: flight plans not loading into FSX  (Read 66 times)

av8erjm

• View Profile
flight plans not loading into FSX
« on: August 12, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
OK what am I doing wrong, I load the flight plans so the cigar box can see them, no problems, but in trying to load them into the FSX flight plan folder, when I try access them they wont pull up, so I've been just flying SOP, more or less from departure to destination. Is there something in a config file that needs to be changed to accept them?? OK I notice others are having the same problem I'm having, I also am using FSX Acceleration with Win 7
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:50:40 PM by av8erjm »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC
Re: flight plans not loading into FSX
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:24:13 PM »
Weird Jim.. might be a Windows 10 vs win 7 Thingy.. might be winrar version. Try unzipiing and put in plan g then export them on your PC then try them in your sim to see if they will load. Most don't have this prob.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:22:54 PM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »
I'm in the process of doing that, haven't used Plan G in quite some time so it's another relearning process. also I will be away from the flight sim from the 16 until sometime in SEP, don't know if that's a problem with the cigar box program

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 12:22:15 PM »
No problem Jim.. in the mean time you can try any planner your familiar..

When I get home will try to recompress the files .. like I honestly don't know why they load for most but don't for a few fsx users but will work on it.

Norm

av8erjm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »
OK Nrm here is what I've done, I put the fight plan into Plan G and then click  on save as and what I've put into the flight plan name I put mfc00027.pln and then export to the FSX light plans with all the other and it seemed to work correctly. Maybe you have an idea why it works, because I haven't got a clue