Author Topic: The Western Chugach - Part 2 Now Available!  (Read 5556 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
The Western Chugach - Part 2 Now Available!
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »
The Western Chugach - Part 2

I am pleased to announce that The Western Chugach - Part 2 is now available for download in the RTMM Scenery Library. Look in the "T" section for the Zip

This scenery provides enhancements for almost 600 Square Miles of the Western Chugach of Alaska and is one of the biggest contiguous areas of scenery enhancement ever available at Return To Misty Moorings.   When combined with The Western Chugach - Part 1 (available in the RTMM Scenery Library since 2015), the enhancements cover almost 1000 square miles.

Here is a brand new TWC - Part 2 Trailer #2 from Robert Pomerleau (AKA FSRobert) for your viewing pleasure

click here ---->    https://vimeo.com/283264599

I have also provided links below to other past informative postings on The Western Chugach - Part 2:

Initial announcement of The Western Chugach - Part 2 with descriptions and screenshots

click here ---->    http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3936.0

TWC - Part 2 Trailer #1  A great video made by Robert Pomerleau (AKA FSRobert)

click here ---->   https://vimeo.com/281995746

TWC - Part 2 Screenshots   - Five more screenshots

click here ---->    http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3964.0

TWC - Part 2 Sneak Preview - Another Five screenshots

click here ---->    http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3966.msg35148

Rod
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:02:16 AM by stiletto2 »

Penzoil3

Re: The Western Chugach - Part 2 Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 11:52:46 AM »
 8)
 THANK YOU SO MUCH!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
Your very welcome, Sue!

Rod

rgerdes

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
Wow Rod - that took an immense amount of research to put that all together.
I'm impressed a bunch.
That area brings back some old (50 years old) memories. They shipped me up to the Russian River in 1968 to help fight the Russian River forest fire - base camp was at the Russian River campground as I remember.
It was in August and the salmon were running in force and there were shoulder to shoulder fishermen along the banks of the Russian River everyday, all day. One day the fire took a run toward the river. It burned right down to the river and jumped to the other side - couldn't see 10 feet for the smoke, Didn't faze the fishermen, they stayed right along the banks of the river and kept on fishing. Somewhere I have my logbook and maps stored away when I was there - got to see if I can dig those out and see if I can make sense of it.

Anyway, thanks for the great job - will keep me exploring for quite awhile
Bob

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:21 PM »
Hi rgerdes,

Interesting story.   The fishermen are focused and tough.  I saw one video when doing research where a bear was approaching a fisherman with a string of fish and his fellow anglers yelled, "give the bear the fish" but he didn't want to give his catch up. 

Have fun!

Rod

rgerdes

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 08:52:23 PM »
Hi Rod,
First time I flew around I had forgotten to set the season.
Set it to summer and took another look - and you have the fishermen lined up along the river!
I looked for my old maps and turns out I was off by a year and a month - was actually in July 0f 1969 - so only 49 years ago.  :)
I was actually sent up on the Kenai twice that summer; first the Russian River in July, and later in August on the Swanson River fire - which was a lot bigger and almost burned up Kenai.
Bob

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 10:07:33 PM »
Fantastic work!! Another RTMM freeware project that rivals payware quality products and then some!!!

Thank you Rod and the entire RTMM team who helped get this produced. Well done everyone.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 10:30:41 PM »
Thanks, Brad!

Rod

Lonewolfee1

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 09:44:31 AM »
Thanks for all your work Rod!  Can't wait to check it out.  Worth mentioning in the NOTAM section. 

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 12:47:48 PM »
Ditto: Thanks for all your work Rod! Kenai boat trip is next up!!

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
Thanks and good point about the NOTAM section.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 06:28:16 PM »
Rod,

Western Chugach 2 is fantastic. I love the attention to detail everywhere. I do get some FPS hits to be honest but there's a lot of objects that need to be drawn I guess. Plus with the audio files being called for, smoke and other effects, a lot's happening all in a very small geographic area. Just need to dial back some of my settings a bit to keep the flight smooth.

Other than that, this is impressive stuff. Well done.

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:45 PM »
Hi Brad,

Thanks!  It does use frame rates due mostly to all of the objects and the fact that the trees are almost doubled from the ORBX default.     I watched the FPS very carefully as I built since I knew it would be a problem.   I run it on 3 screens totaling 5040 X 1050 resolution at 32 FPS locked and works pretty well on P3Dv3 which is lower than v4.   However, I do not use shadows when I am running because they are heavy frame rate killers and also have to watch how densely clouded the weather is.   You can really gain some frames by turning shadows down partially.....quality, cast distance, etc.  Also, you can gain frames by turning vegetation density down a notch and you hardly notice the change in tree density but it does have a lowering effect on frames since there are so many trees.

Rod
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:06:06 PM by stiletto2 »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 09:35:49 PM »
Good suggestions and I’ll adjust accordingly.

Thanks

Handie

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 11:35:54 AM »
Hi,

For installation, there are 3 effects packages, depending on whether you have FSX, P3Dv3 or P3Dv4.
I have P3Dv2.4 ... which effects pack should I use, the one for P3Dv3?
Thank you.
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit